which to buy

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thumpstar_boy

Reaction score
Hi everyone im a newbie here and i am looking to buy a pit bike
im unsure which style are better i would rather the proper thumpstar pit bike shape and have found a few whick=h are cool
what are better agb style bikes or the bse or mso style
i seen mso bikes for $850 are they a good bike
any help or tips on what bikes are best would be appreciated thanks for your time

p.s can ebay pitties withstand jumping ???

Read through some of the other recent threads and you'll get a good start on your question. There is nearly a new member every day asking the same question and it has already been heavily dicussed. If you have any more questions after that....welcome.

buy a decent minibike for starters (i chose the tomahawk G2 - no probs whatsoever so far) then save up for a proper japanese motorbike!

Something to learn on then go the hack!!!

oh and i might upset a few people from this comment but....

I would never waste my money on a $4000 Thumpstar!

why spend that money on a thumpstar when you can get a REAL dirt bike for that kind of money???

Chinese bikes are not worth more than about $1600 in my point of veiw, no matter what engine etc. it has!!!

My 2 cents... ( do what i did and put a 500cc cr engine on a minibike - do you know what split frame power means?)

500CC2STROKEMINIBIKE said:
...then save up for a proper japanese motorbike!
which Japanese mini dirt bike do you recommend buying after the China bike?

im only after a cheap bike my budget is $1000 before shipping
im not a big fan of the g2 tomahawk shape i would rather a true pit bike shape with the flat seat and stuff
what does the g2 go like at jumping ????
i was looking at the thumbstars on ebay i no there not proper THUMPSTARS
but they look pretty quality anyone got any suggestions
p.s dont worry bout my riding skillls dude i own a 2006 honda crf450 bro
i just want a pittie to thrash around with my mates
can the ebay jobs handle jumping nothing huge just a couple of 15 ft tabletops
i will post some pics up later im going riding today thanks for your reply dude

Yeah sorry thumpstar boy for not sticking to the question, I was trying to highlight some posters are wasting our time in this forum with the 'just get a jap bike' crap cause heaps of us already own or have owned plenty of other bikes. This is the mini dirt bike section of a pocket bike forum...

For the $1000 dollar range I have a MSO and have been very impressed with the performance and build. I have seen mates with agb 21's(total crap) agb 27's (slighty less crap) and agb 29's (getting better only cause they started sourcing some parts the others been using since the beginning.) but the agb 29 still has some major failings in my opinion. Motor choice for one. Frame and swinger for two and thirdly nothing is interchangable between bikes so when they change to next model you'll be out in the cold again. I have also seen many other dearer brand name pitbikes and have not been impressed. They need just as much upgrading as any bike to be ridden hard. The geometry of the mso is very good and the Lifan 125 in them is very quick outa the box. We have our own flat track and you can drift these things crazily flat out with both feet on the pegs and feel totally in control.

If you want to jump any of these bikes you will have to spend a little upgrading the bike. Hardened axles and swingarm axle. These are easy to get from any bike shop. A top quality rear shock and the front forks will need oil grade and volume adjusted for your weight. Thats it. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help mack i think im going to stick with the mso with the alloy frame the guy hooked me up with a good price and the shop is only 20 minute drive so i can go pick it up no shipping
hey 500ccminidirtbike stick the motor out of my beast in a mini bike
here are a couple of pics of my 06 crf 450
DSCN1381.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN1382.jpg

Nice Machine, definately gotta get one of them soon, have you had any problems with the valves at all? me mate has a crf250 04' model and he says hes had a few problems with the valves - but hopefully honda has fixed it by now

i have only owned the 450 for 2 months now and she hasent had a hiccup yet which is what i expect for $10,000 it better not stuff up for at least a year fingers crossed lol

Back