Who goes to the Gym?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stubsy

Reaction score
Thought I would start this thread as im very active at the gym, thought others might be too. Also can help with your moto riding haha.

I see people were talking about pre workout drinks and what not so id be keen to know how people train ie one muscle group a day / more than one / what reps and sets etc. do people take protein powder? what peoples diets are?

Myself I go 5-7 days a week. 5 days weights and 2 days boxing cardio.

Been going now for about 2.5 yrs and have seen some real good results. Happy to help if anyone has any questions thinking about starting.

So, what do you do??

No gym as such, just kickboxing and cardio workout type stuff. Twice a week, have been doing for around 8yrs now inc a few different types of martial arts as well, mainly Karate. Love it, and couldn't see myself stoping anytime soon, although a spinning heel into my kidney last night seems to have slowed me somewhat today, thought i might be pissing blood this morning, but was not the case (thank f*%k) apparently the lad who pulled this off is having trouble eating today LOL All in the name of fun and keeping fit :)

haha yeah the boxing stuff my mate has me doing is insane. basically simulates 4 x 3 min rounds like boxing and you skip and shadow box with weights and stuff with minimal breaks between. I don't know how you boys do it. Granted I drink a bit so probly not the fittest! haha. My goal was to start gym to make the top half bigger to make the lower half LOOK smaller haha. kidney shots are no ones friend haha

maybe we go to different places but my Gym looks like this, ive see guys boxing out the front before

img_bottle_shop.jpg

^^^^^ hahaha don't worry im gonna visit that gym in about an hr.

^I hear ya, we do 1hr or "cross fit" (apparently the new PC term for cardio LOL ) training, then an hr of kickboxing/kicboxing training. Last night was a 4k run, followed by how many pushup you can do in the space of 90 secs (piss poor effort of 40..) then how many situps in a space of 60secs (top marks with 110 :) ) then back to pushups again for 60secs (only 30 this time) This is one of our easier sessions, last thursday was Skipping for 3mins then 50 pushups, 100 situps, 50 leg ups, then repeat - 5 times... This knocks the crap out of ya (especially the finish of 25 burpees, I was real close to spew territory by the end) then kickboxing starts....

Yeah I smash the Gym as much as possible. Over the years I have come up with a great moto workout as I have had 7 personal trainers and learnt the good bit's from them.

Moto training is all about using maximum strength over long periods of time. So big weight (stacked or pyramid ofcourse) over a reasonable amount of reps with a minimum of 6 sets for each exercise doing a lot of exercises in one session. I only need to train 3 days a week but I'm there for 2 hours just on weights. Cardio is for poofs unless there is a hot chick running in front of you. haha. Weights burn 5 times the calories than a cardio workout. Check it out it's been proven.

I would be happy to share my workout if people are interested. I have only really been back into it for the last 3 months and have now dropped 13kg's and put on a good 5kg of muscle while I'm at it.

2nd best stress relief ever, obviously shagging is number 1. haha

Weights burn 5 times the calories than a cardio. I have only really been back into it for the last 3 months and have now dropped 13kg's and put on a good 5kg of muscle while I'm at it.

At 6'8" and 80kgs (82 currently) if i lost anymore weight i'd be on the catwalks of Milan ;)

At 6'8" and 80kgs (82 currently) if i lost anymore weight i'd be on the catwalks of Milan ;)

You got the legs for it Timmy. hahahaha

You can obviously adjust the sets to not pyramid or stack and max weight for less reps to put on pure muscle. Also means nothing if you don't eat correctly.

You got the legs for it Timmy. hahahaha

You can obviously adjust the sets to not pyramid or stack and max weight for less reps to put on pure muscle. Also means nothing if you don't eat correctly.

LOL, and your dead on the money with what you eat.

mate i was a massive gym junkie and then i started riding motorbike and then i realised that beer goes well after a good ride so no more gym for me lol

motorman, do you do combine sessions? ie 2 muscle groups? must do being there for 2 hrs and only 3 days? I stared off at 5ft 10, 102kg's (fatty) im now 90kg's but a lot more muscle. getting sick of people askin if im on roids haha ( is VERY active in my small mining town). So 6 sets, max weight but say 6 reps?

I go to the gym and peer thru the glass. Hope this counts as exercise.

motorman, do you do combine sessions? ie 2 muscle groups? must do being there for 2 hrs and only 3 days? I stared off at 5ft 10, 102kg's (fatty) im now 90kg's but a lot more muscle. getting sick of people askin if im on roids haha ( is VERY active in my small mining town). So 6 sets, max weight but say 6 reps?

Yeah man I have to only going 3 times a week. Wish I could go more and split it up some more but life is busy. I do, Chest one day, Legs, Back and Shoulders the next (fricken hard workout that one), and Triceps and Biceps on the third day. I stack a little to get to max weight so I can get 8-10 reps on a couple of sets (90% 1st set/100,100,100,90,80). 80 on the last really helps me smash out a good 10 and feel the burn. lol

I'll post my full workout later.

Latest posts

Back