who wants racing

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There not designed for the bush ? exactly they aint designed for a big bike track either ..

Neither are 50's or 65's hence junior mx clubs etc ... and 65's have the same size wheels as a midsize... and with a lightweight jnr kid riding one they will outperform a regular midsize bike with a full grown adult on it.

Noone said there scared of big bike tracks mate..

Its just when you have ridden perfect minibike designed tracks for the last 8+ years (some of the veterans ) going to a big bike track to not be able to clear anything on your crf50 and just getting thrashed by rutted out / braking bumps etc just isnt worth it is it ?

sure if its in your hometown but stuff spending near $600 to travel and the rest of it for 1 day racing on it..

edit.. ill rephrase that first bit ,what i mean is the tracks aren't designed to suit the smaller end bikes...

Last edited:
^^^racing all the way. Bush is good for a little difference but i love racing hands down. The rush you get at the gate is like none other and the thrill if bikes all around you. Its awesome!!!!

Racing is the best but there is no were to race in qld so if you guys have the chance to make it happen you should just take the chance and go with it

i guess you are right with the weight factor but i still believe that the midsize bikes would go good on the larger tracks. in the end of the day you only got what is available so anythings better than nothing isnt it?

Im keen as. There are 3 local clubs that would really suit racing.

Gwandalan & Kurri are two dedicated minibike clubs. These tracks are perfect for 50s.

The 3rd club Maitland which is a big bike club was great for 10" all the way through to 12". We only rode approx close to half of the track & it was awesome.

I ride with at least 10 plus guys who are not on this site but would definatley race aswell , so ill let them know.

If you need a hand with anything let me know :)

Last edited:
Racing is the best but there is no were to race in qld so if you guys have the chance to make it happen you should just take the chance and go with it

Brisbane is actually lucky enough to have a track that still offers mini bike racing. That track is Fort Lytton, and there is plenty of info on this site about it. There are plenty of threads on the topic, go and check em out.

I want more than anybody to see the return of some top level mini bike racing. This is not going to happen overnight though unfortunately (except if I win the lotto !!) If there are races available, we need to get together and support them. I was lucky enough to get to ride some of those one off mini bike tracks, and they were epic to ride, but unfortunately disappeared when the mini bike scene slowed down. We need to remember though why mini bikes became popular in the first place. Adults racing around banging bars on kids bikes is awesome fun. This has not changed. As long as this is still the case, there is no reason why good race days can not happen again. I just wish I knew someone with some land !!

ok guys i have been watching the why we should and why we shouldnt go on for a few days and now we have got that out of the system i will tell you we are looiking at 2 big bike tracks and 1 mini track
forget the cost at this stage cause that is yet to be determined but i did say it would probably be cheaper than previous as we are not offering prize money just good honest fun racing mate v mate.
so what i need now is some numbers and i dont want oh mayybe depending on the date and if i got paid or if my left toe is hurting i just want a yes i am willing to support it or no i am not.
comittee is meeting in 2 weeks to decide

yep me to but we seem to not be able to get any races in nsw so we heading to Melbourne

If there are some good tracks with some jumps I will race there i guess

ok guys i have been watching the why we should and why we shouldnt go on for a few days and now we have got that out of the system i will tell you we are looiking at 2 big bike tracks and 1 mini track
forget the cost at this stage cause that is yet to be determined but i did say it would probably be cheaper than previous as we are not offering prize money just good honest fun racing mate v mate.
so what i need now is some numbers and i dont want oh mayybe depending on the date and if i got paid or if my left toe is hurting i just want a yes i am willing to support it or no i am not.
comittee is meeting in 2 weeks to decide

What state are we talking about here?

Latest posts

Back