Who will do vic ride days when I'm gone?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rach88

Reaction score
So I'm making the big move from Melbourne to Newcastle in 4 weeks!! So someone needs to take over doing the Vic ride days... there is so much planned I'd hate to see it go to waste....

Here is a list of events I have prepared but not set dates.

-Frankston MX track. One full day riding. Possibly coaching provided. BBQ and full rein of the whole facilities(includes big bike track). Has to be held on a week day and during school holidays. To book the track is $400 for the day get 20 riders paying $20(normally to ride just the pittie track is $30). Get site sponsors on board coming along. Thinking asking Reefy to do the coaching. Would easily pull over 20 people so easily make a profit.

- Ride day at reefys property. Got to speak to him more about this, but he keeps bringing it up. All riding fees(if any) would go to him. Possibly MR coaching day with reefy at his track.

- maintenance training day. I know a few mechanics down here, just looking for someone where to hold the day. depending on space would be if we had everyone actually do the things to there own bikes or just watching. Also thought taping it all and putting it on MR.

Then there is 3 tracks we alternate between for monthly ride days. There is also the 2 races series you need to make sure you don't clash with so I have written up a calendar of dates for each ride day for the rest of 2011. Pretty much it's all planned out.

Pretty much I am happy to keep on creating and advertising all the vic mr ride days, I just need someone to show up. Be friendly, talk to everyone and get to know all the mini bike riders and most of all keep them in a pack. Find out info from track owners. It's pretty easy and fun. I think it's worked well getting heaps of new riders in on the events as I ride all the local tracks often and mention these ride days to people and always have flyers ready to hand out.

I'm going to miss it and I really hope someone else does it. There is something just waiting to happen in vic. Something better then whats happening there now and these ride days need to keep happening until the right person notices the support mini bikes have!

I have list of over 25 stores that are happy to have ride day flyers on there counters and i'm willing to make all the flyers and keep mailing them out to the stores. Just once in a while need someone to pop in to a few of the stores and remind them how grateful we are. I write them a letter in with the flyers each month reminding them this, but i think it surprises them when someone actually comes in, they like it a lot!

Making me a tad sad even writing this to know I'm not doing it anymore! It's a lot of fun and I have meet a lot of awesome people! I know I haven't done many ride days for MR but the ones I did with VMR all lead up to now and it's all been so worth while, so i really hope it doesn't die in the ass!

So who is gonna step up and be the face of vic ride days??? :D:D

i can see vic ride days going down hill from here

Yeah I'm trying to keep a positive attitude on it, hence why I'm still prepared to do all the work for it and just asking someone to simply go and represent MR.

Things only go to shat when people don't want to do the hard work, this is hard work free... the replacement shows up with a big smile and positive attitude towards the mini scene in vic and trys to rub it off on everyone at the track ha ha.

i would but i'm havin a whole heap of fun just riding at the moment i dont wanna be organizeing things a haveing to show up to ride days. even though i'm at most of em.

i gotta say pbk as much as rach does the success of the ride days is also contributed to the riders that show up and make em a great day.

Yeah i have been thinking about this for a bit. If I had a decent bike to take to the tracks I would temporarily take over. Slowly working on this but I'm broke as at the moment.

I think we will need to post this forum in Genreal Chat and see if anyone else would be keen.

My first thought would be topguntravis but I haven't seen him on in ages.

Nice informative post as always peanut. We are so lucky to have you around!! haha :applaudit:

There will be nothing to it, show up and ride is it. Maybe a few people could take over that way no one needs to feel like they have the pressure to show up to every ride day. Just come to a few and who ever of the the people is there will get the riders together and chat to everyone.

I don't even want to move because of this ha ha. It's been heaps of fun doing it!

There will be nothing to it, show up and ride is it. Maybe a few people could take over that way no one needs to feel like they have the pressure to show up to every ride day. Just come to a few and who ever of the the people is there will get the riders together and chat to everyone.

I don't even want to move because of this ha ha. It's been heaps of fun doing it!

Well Wayne is the NSW organiser so we are covered there.

It's not massively hard to run the ride days so I can cover getting them together. It's just I can't ride which is really starting to annoy me.

Well Wayne is the NSW organiser so we are covered there.

It's not massively hard to run the ride days so I can cover getting them together. It's just I can't ride which is really starting to annoy me.

I think your missing what I am saying. I don't want to do NSW. But I have gotten to know everyone in VIC and I don't want to just completely stop as I'm enjoying doing this. I will do the flyers, set up the ride day and contact the tracks, send out flyers and posters, I just simply can't be at the ride day. So all there needs to be is someone from MR representing us!

I just as of today got a new track to ride on and am sorting out a new event. I won't be here for it but I want there to be someone there!

I think your missing what I am saying. I don't want to do NSW. But I have gotten to know everyone in VIC and I don't want to just completely stop as I'm enjoying doing this. I will do the flyers, set up the ride day and contact the tracks, send out flyers and posters, I just simply can't be at the ride day. So all there needs to be is someone from MR representing us!

I just as of today got a new track to ride on and am sorting out a new event. I won't be here for it but I want there to be someone there!

Yeah ok that's fine for now. But if someone wants to takeover in the future they will be taking over the whole thing.

PM me the dates and I will try and make sure I'm at least there to meet people.

Rach will whoop your ass into gear quick enough. :banana:

Will be up Thursday Wayno, I got my whip! I won't be going easy on ya ha ha. Get a ride day happening biatch I want to meet people ha ha. I have no nsw friends :(

But yes sunday will be fun, I'll see who I can talk in to wanting to do the ride days!

Will be up Thursday Wayno, I got my whip! I won't be going easy on ya ha ha. Get a ride day happening biatch I want to meet people ha ha. I have no nsw friends :(

But yes sunday will be fun, I'll see who I can talk in to wanting to do the ride days!

Sweet, where you staying?

Get Nath to bring you out Saturday for a ride (on your bike that is) ;)

Latest posts

Back