WHOOPS!! my first pit ride

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DR_JOSH

Reaction score
I recieved my bike last Wednesday, so decided to take it for a thrashing sunday with a few others mates also with pittys. Which was an awesome day all up that ended not too well for me.

Not long before we were going to leave we decided to do a rock face wall ride which I came down with a slight bit too much speed causing me to miss the next turn shooting me off a couple metre drop tumbling down a whole heap of rocks, which as it turns out was not really fun surprisingly really.

I was actually surprised how well the bike came out of it, only ended up with bent handle bars and a broken rear caliper. Me on the other hand am still struggling to walk with 1 knee which is twice the size as the other and a helmet which is a little worse for wear. Got my fingers crossed to be ready for a ride next weekend.

Just figured I'd share my story with ya's, and remember always wear your helmet it sure as hell saved me. By the way it was an Atomik AGB29, picked it up kicked it and rode it off, yay for chinese crap

Looks like your sure running that bike in. Ouch! i came of on my first ride, stuffs your confidance around, Hows the 29 going?

A hard run in is the only way to go. I've done it with motors alot more expensive then a ducar with no troubles at all. Big offs are nothing new to me lol so I can't wait for a ride next weekend.

As for the 29 it's self I am very happy with it, it's probably a little heavy for it's size though but well worth the $800 in my books.

lol, that looked like it would of hurt and for the bars :(:( lol nice riding these little things are fun aint they!

Hmmm these owned comments I don't quite understand, who owned me and how?? There seems to be some smart people on these forums. mehhhh

Ohh well renthal bars and new rear caliper are now on there way, now to hurt myself a bit more.

It just aint fun if ya not scaring yourself...

Dr Josh, can you tell me how the agb 29 125cc is like as a bike. Could you give me a mini review, im about to buy one. So a few questions, is it fast, is it fun, is it safe, is it stable, how is it comfort wise as far as suspension goes. How are the breaks, would it be suitable for a 27 yo to have some fun on or should I go for something with bigger wheels like a hummer. Would you say $905 which includes $99 postage is worth paying for. I weight 74kg will that slow the bike down a lot. If you could answer some of these questions or add your own thoughts that would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Almost forgot, most importantly, do you think I could fit it in the back seat of a commodore with some front seat movement if needed ??

"Almost forgot, most importantly, do you think I could fit it in the back seat of a commodore with some front seat movement if needed ??"

maybe if you took the handle bars off it might go close. I wouldnt count on it tho

throtl said:
Dr Josh, can you tell me how the agb 29 125cc is like as a bike. Could you give me a mini review, im about to buy one. So a few questions, is it fast, is it fun, is it safe, is it stable, how is it comfort wise as far as suspension goes. How are the breaks, would it be suitable for a 27 yo to have some fun on or should I go for something with bigger wheels like a hummer. Would you say $905 which includes $99 postage is worth paying for. I weight 74kg will that slow the bike down a lot. If you could answer some of these questions or add your own thoughts that would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Almost forgot, most importantly, do you think I could fit it in the back seat of a commodore with some front seat movement if needed ??

Well I'm 22 and 80kg so don't reckon you will have a problem there, I had it along side my mates thumpstar and it was only just slightly pulling away. It's fast enough for some fun thats for sure. And yes well worth the dollars as far as I'm concerened I payed pretty much the same.

As for fitting in a commodore I doubt it, it's all up about 1600 long and I dare say would be too wide but I don't know my commies.

throtl said:
Cheers

Hey mate i have on of these Orion's.

They are alright but stuff goes wrong quite regularly if they are punished, i would steer clear of Orions and get a bike made by BSE which this guy sells

http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZbuythisdirtbike

or also try MSO bikes

Personally for $1000 i would buy the 138cc oil cooled from the ebay guy i posted.

As for fitting in a commodore, no way. For starters you should never leave the bike on its side for a period of time and thats probably the only way physically possible to fit in a commo, so no.

Thanks guys thats a help and I also found some other threads about the agb29 that helped as well. But what are some of these problems your talking about, what goes wrong with them. If I get mine im going to run it in good, keep an eye on oils and do constant regular changes. Also Ill be letting the engine warm up before every ride. To be honest im still not expecting the engine to last forever.

So you reckon a 138cc tyfoon is the way to go. Only problem is iv made and won an ebay action for the agb29 just havnt paid.
Im guessing taking the back seat out and putting the bike on its side is out of the question then. Looks like my only option is to buy a trailer and there not cheap.

Latest posts

Back