Whos going to be first?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
exquisit ill shall do that, no issues at all.
They will look good with a set of sava slicks on them!

corey: hey mate

got any pics of them installed yet?
only reason i ask is i wana c how they are on the rear if there is any fouling
and also for the front... as i have a rx, it needs to have the rx triple clamp to hold the headlight and all that stuff at the front so i cant get new triples that are wider

so how would they sit if i was to use the standard rx triples?

I originally thought these were going to be the next big thing in motard.
After a bit of time, a handful of lowsides and a few races with these rims, it appears, like most china stuff, the alloy is soft!
They buckle and can't be straightened.
I was at Warrnambool 3 weeks ago watching Tristan (leading 2010 Junior Ntational Motard title) ride with these rims and noticed into every corner that the front of the bike was jumping and moving all over the place so I made a comment to him to be a bit smoother on the brakes and movement of body weight. He claimed he was being smooth and that the bike felt like crap. He convinced me to have a go, so I did, before I even got to the first corner I could see the front wheel wobbling and first touch of the brakes confirmed that something wasn't right. So we bought it back to the pits to check everything,
wheel bearings.. check. Disk...check. Tyre seated correct...Check. Spin the front wheel to check the rim... babow! it had a massive buckle and lump in the billet rim part. Shattered he was!
These cool looking rims were stuffed and only after a handful of rides and races.

I originally thought these were going to be the next big thing in motard.
After a bit of time, a handful of lowsides and a few races with these rims, it appears, like most china stuff, the alloy is soft!
They buckle and can't be straightened.
I was at Warrnambool 3 weeks ago watching Tristan (leading 2010 Junior Ntational Motard title) ride with these rims and noticed into every corner that the front of the bike was jumping and moving all over the place so I made a comment to him to be a bit smoother on the brakes and movement of body weight. He claimed he was being smooth and that the bike felt like crap. He convinced me to have a go, so I did, before I even got to the first corner I could see the front wheel wobbling and first touch of the brakes confirmed that something wasn't right. So we bought it back to the pits to check everything,
wheel bearings.. check. Disk...check. Tyre seated correct...Check. Spin the front wheel to check the rim... babow! it had a massive buckle and lump in the billet rim part. Shattered he was!
These cool looking rims were stuffed and only after a handful of rides and races.
are you talking about the wheels in the og post?? If yes a friend of mine had exactly the same experience like you had....this wheels look cute ,but they are weak as piss!!:mad:

are you talking about the wheels in the og post?? If yes a friend of mine had exactly the same experience like you had....this wheels look cute ,but they are weak as piss!!:mad:

Yeah the billet tubeless rims.
I was suprised and thought I might share this with everyone.

yea thats a real shame
they look good and i was going to buy them because i wouldnt need to check the spokes like on traditional rims as ive had bad experience with then snapping
this is on a daily ridden bike so its kinda dangerous when spokes start to snap

no_crf50_here: how are yours holding up?

iwm as also interested in these but now considering mobster rims

can anyone give any info on these puppies as i need them for my current rx project

what i wanna know is how do you buckle wheels in motard???? like its not like there are jumps or rocks or ruts ???

anyway now to the wheels saga posted....

arent they the same ones someone asked about recently and someone said dont get them cos londin had them..... did londin have the OG billet ones from DHZ or the new ones that saga just put up then?

Buckeling wheels in motard..... pretty easy.
Combine the pressures of hard cornering and soft spots in the alloy, then throw in a couple of low sides and when sliding the wheel grips and throws the bike over high side.
Long duration sideway pressure and sideways shock loading. Its enough to destroy any rim but a good one would hold up more than once or twice.

i think i will just stick to my rutted out berms its not so complicated lol

Yep. But if you stick to the motard spoked rims or spend the big bucks on mobsters then you'll be fine. But I manages to buckle a dirt front rim in 3 places on the weekend. [think pressures may have been a bit low]

Yeah. I fkd mine on the weekend. Pretty badly too, it's unrideable. Haha.

Pbk- at archy we do have jumps :)

has anyone tried the new ones yet?
if they are from the same factory they probably be same weakness methinks
discuss?

Latest posts

Back