Why Does this Happen? (ruby could probably answer this)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sidney

Reaction score
Hey

So I was watching the Moto GP last night when the 800cc class was on and valentino rossi crashed. They were saying that when the bikes stop running out on the track they are basically impossible to start again. Why are they impossible to start?

There is no electric or kick starter on the MotoGP bikes to keep weight down. They are started in the pits by a roller on a rear stand spun by a motor which spins the back wheel, drop the clutch and 'bump' start it that way. The rear tyre needs to spin quite fast for the 'bump' start so just pushing it isn't going to get you far.

Yea that's why Rossi ran at the bike and pulled the clutch in as fast he could but i think he realised by the time he pushed it out of the sand it would have been a waste of time.

whoa! guess u learn something new every day... i never knew that!

^^^^ yeh me too.... R1's are but i guess when ot comes to race bikes if they can save 2 kgs from the front it makes a big difference.

Yea that's why Rossi ran at the bike and pulled the clutch in as fast he could but i think he realised by the time he pushed it out of the sand it would have been a waste of time.

Actually, Valentino retired due to a broken clip on (handlebar to those not in the know).

thats it. Whilst i didnt get to watch the race (i've been drawn to the tour De France over the last week and a half) i heard it wad due to damage on the bike. Not to worry though, all this means it Stoner is opening his gap more and more, he's going to be the next Doohan at this rate :)... well we can only hope anyway.

Hey

So I was watching the Moto GP last night when the 800cc class was on and valentino rossi crashed. They were saying that when the bikes stop running out on the track they are basically impossible to start again. Why are they impossible to start?

I would have to say that I am impressed Sid.
It is good to see you taking an interest in the MotoGP, and you were paying attention to what was going on in the race.
With 3 Aussies in the line-up this year, hopefully more guys and gals your age will start to take an interest and con their parents into letting them stay up and watch it.
Make sure you watch it this weekend Sid, as there are at Laguna Seca...:D
It will be a must watch race, especially if you haven't seen bikes race there before.

Yeeah I will wach it for a while it is pretty good and I have never seen Laguna Saca.

guys and gals your age will start to take an interest and con their parents into letting them stay up and watch it.

haha man my body clock is stuffed from the holidays I have been going to sleep at like 2 am and getting up at 12 pm

If its anything like last year, the Laguna race will be broadcast on free to air TV on Monday morning??

Motogp is the most exciting motorsport on the planet at the moment and Laguna seca is an awesome track.
With three Aussies competing and Stoner leading the championship you would think they would get a lot more recognition here in Aus.
But I guess if you dont hit/kick a ball run around in circles or swim up and down in a pool the general public aren't interested oh well their loss.
It's been interesting to hear how the european press think Stoner is only winning because of his bike there are three other Ducati's out there so shouldn't they be 1234 in the championship?

There is no electric or kick starter on the MotoGP bikes to keep weight down. They are started in the pits by a roller on a rear stand spun by a motor which spins the back wheel, drop the clutch and 'bump' start it that way. The rear tyre needs to spin quite fast for the 'bump' start so just pushing it isn't going to get you far.

When my dad was working out in the bush there a was semitrailer that had a flat battery and some one started it like this, they just put it on a jack, wrapped a rope around the rear axle and spun it.

Haha, the last 4 nights I've been going to bed at 6am and waking up at 11am :p.. I'm exhausted just about everyday, so last night I went to bed at 2am and woke up at 2pm.. :D

Can't wait for the next Motogp race.

Latest posts

Back