Why no minimoto mx??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Styv_Loosekid_21

Reaction score
Considering how well minimoto sx is now.. And how great it is to have such an event that brings all riders across the world to challenge for that number 1 plate..

I find there are two kinds of racing... Sx and mx... America does a good job with full crowds amazing sx track every year, publicity is full on out there to get the particapants and everything very PRO...

I seem to feel like there are a lot of riders out there that don't have tha facility's to ride on a short compact sx track.. And are more thrown to ride on wide open 4gear pinned kind of track due to that factor there are slim to no sx tracks..

Hence my thread... Why no minimoto mx? Watching the sx version... Yea it's good, yea the tracks great but when you don't get to use the full potential of your mini bike I find it possibly to be a waste? I think they should be a round with the AMA round outdoors for the outdoor plate... And I rekon it would be much different standings... And a lot more enjoying to watching 40 minibikes flat nakker round a mx track.

Just want to know your thoughts on it? Have they already tried it and failed?? It's just if America can do a wicked sx round I think there should be a wicked mx round.. Cause theres different riders out there that dont get noticed cause there usuall riding isnt really sx..

Cheers styv... :)

Do you mean why don't they do it in Australia or America?

I think the scene is pretty small in Australia these days so it's not really feasible.

In the USA though I'm not sure :)

Yea in America.... Australia could only dream of having such and event like the minimoto sx.
Although the high roller mini tour in aus was really good for a year or so

wanthaggi will be good styv

by the way they have a praccy day on the 20th of this month if we get enough riders they would probably give us a session or 2 i'm goin on the 450 anyway i so wanna hit up that track
(seen you and nick talking bout it)

man i even wish the big bike outdoors was half of what the us was

now as for mini mx in aus i know williams spoke to reefy about it including the pitty's as a support class at some of the rounds of the nationals this year but i'm not sure if it went any further. but i tell ya what there is no way we would have gotton around that wanthaggi after the big bikes even with big wheels man the ruts where deep

ough to dream 4th tapped

I was taking bout the if they made the minimoto mx and ran a round in the AMA outdoors in USA not here.
But I get what you mean, but if they can have an arena just for minimoto sx why can't they make a wide open minimoto mx?

wanthaggi will be good styv

by the way they have a praccy day on the 20th of this month if we get enough riders

ough to dream 4th tapped

ah if only nunawading wasn't on 19th :(

if i can convince dad i'll go..

would be good if we could have a minimx race with more then 1 mixed class but we haven't got the tracks.. unless you can convince broadmeadows to fix the track proberly and not make it worse or frankston but braaap did nothing with that aswell...

Because like 10 years ago when minisx started they where running stock 50s 88's and some big bore 50's .. didnt need big long tracks , as you can hit 3rd pinned on a tiny straight on a 10 easily ..

A minibike "mx" track would just be a big bike track imo..

Yer you could scale the jumps down , but its either gonna work for 180cc+ midsizes and fail for 10inches , or its gonna be suited for 10inches and fail for midsizes..

ah if only nunawading wasn't on 19th :(

if i can convince dad i'll go..

would be good if we could have a minimx race with more then 1 mixed class but we haven't got the tracks.. unless you can convince broadmeadows to fix the track proberly and not make it worse or frankston but braaap did nothing with that aswell...

Trust me. Be greatful to have a race at all.

Because like 10 years ago when minisx started they where running stock 50s 88's and some big bore 50's .. didnt need big long tracks , as you can hit 3rd pinned on a tiny straight on a 10 easily ..

A minibike "mx" track would just be a big bike track imo..

Yer you could scale the jumps down , but its either gonna work for 180cc+ midsizes and fail for 10inches , or its gonna be suited for 10inches and fail for midsizes..

hmm yeah true.

i am greatful, thing is were not allowing on 95% of the tracks if its not race day.. at the moment theres only 2 good ones (nunawading and broadmeadows expert track)
should see the "pitbike" track at broadmeadows..
imo we should have ride days and get someone to design some new tracks for frankston and broadmeadows.. everytime they modify or repair the track they make it worse..

been going to broadmeadows since i started riding like 4-5 years ago and the mini tracks are just getting worse.. they had triples and everything now its flat and the tabletop is a hill and half the size.. intermediate track 2 and a half years ago would be awesome now on the lxr.. had a pretty cool tabletop.. now the doubles pointing into the downramp so attempt to jump it you'll crash..
also 180s dont need massive tracks all the time. reefys track is really tight but has good jumps that if your game enough you can triple and quad out..

racing's great so far, just the tracks we are allowed on every weekend other then racing suck balls.. if we had ride days i reckon broadmeadows will do something with there track and maybe parwan. even get other big bike tracks to let us on would be good.. just hate this flat track crap..
i think most of them think our bikes can't handle decent jumps.. maybe if we had some ride days like last year we could prove them wrong?

just my opinion

reefys goggle cam at parwan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2Y6FDHY0yI imo to flat and easy.

frankston http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c13n6fBiJKs&feature=plcp same as parwan

broadmeadows pitbike/85 track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg-R9HrzgKI&feature=plcp

and nunawading http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRl2uSRSSWs&feature=plcp so far best track

all the big bike tracks are great from what i can see but why are the mini tracks so flat and i feel the pitbikes have no tracks to show there actual ability. even on my motovert i reckon it could be used on some more difficult tracks.

Last edited:
well if we could get 20+riders guaranteed we would be able to get access to praccy days on the club based tracks hell if we had 20 riders 10" and open that rode the club days at every club in the gippy centre we could have interclubs run in all there club days ough to dream.

styv there's no reason why the states dont do it it would be awesome and there's no reason 10" would not enjoy motocross woggy you could easy create a track that would be fun on both
hell i remember riding wanthaggi on the 90 it was heaps of fun, a bit slower but lots of fun

mind you this is all why i now have a big bike so that i can ride heaps weather it be on that or the pitty's

Latest posts

Back