why such huge price difference for same bike?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justen-Thyme

Reaction score
Been searching for a new bike(BSE 140cc -MSO pro) but have come across prices ranging from $1800 -$4000 for what looks like the same bike.
example 1
140cc BSE-PH01 BSE Pit Bike - Compare Prices & Buy Online in Australia - MyShopping.com.au
example 2
Not Logged In - SwapAce, the marketplace of choice
example 3
Extreme Stuff.com Pty Ltd - 140CC BSE Pit Bike
example 4 This bike is advertised as a Lifan 138cc which I thought was simply 127CC?
(I know MSO is a sponsor and apparently have great service)
MSO Motocycles - MSO Racing Elite
I know not to pay any attention to the RRP.

Last edited:
But all the bikes come out of the Wuyi Bosuer Motion factory in China so how could one bike be any different to another( other then bolt on parts)? If you had a valid opinion other then a comment based on the bike that u own would help me more Sidney, but thanx for you opinion real helpful.

there pretty much an mso pro with a different swingarm bit over priced mso's are cheaper.

All the sellers are here in Australia but are selling the same style bike. Why is MSO bikes better? I live in North Queensland so after sales service wont particularly benefit me.
I believe Pitpro is also BSE(wuyi Bosuer motion factory) yet the prices are significantly cheaper(albeit without fastace or Dnm shock).
Having just bought my first house and a new car funds are extremely limited, plus buying an atomik that lasted all of 6 hours have made me extremely sceptical about China made bikes. I would rather buy a base bike an build it up then pay $$$$ for a bike that is simply a lower spec brand with some bling thrown on.
Where can I get a 140cc engined bike (not 127cc as MSO sells) for a decent price.
PS I am grateful that MSO sponsors this great forum but as I said I live too far away to take advantage of their good name. Does anyone know if MSO does custom builds? ie.Twin spar frame, 141cc donk, DNM forks,shock, hi rise seat, pro tapers, alloy swingarm etc...

Those bolt on parts are where the money is, a decent rear shock, forks and chain add $500 to the bike. Freight also need to be taken into consideration and MSO do not rip you off with freight. I recon you are better off buying a bike that has the suspension you want rather than the engine. It is much easier (and chaeper) to change the engine than upgrade the forks and rear shock. Plenty of guys have bought new forks and had to get them machined to fit bearings etc and then find that the brakes dont bolt up and axel size is differnet etc or the rear shock dosent fit.

Also the new MSO bikes are not made by BSE, I dont know which factory they are from though.

Just wanted to clarify a couple of things for anyone that is interested. As most on here know there are a lot of bikes in oz that come from BSE. Our bikes are not among them. Our older model bikes used to but now all the new models are from elsewhere.

All our new bikes are the genuine 140cc Lifan with the new 5 plate clutch. We were happy with all of our old bikes but we wanted better and we are even happier with the new models. We really do believe they are the best value bikes in oz at the moment. Yes you can buy cheaper but as cassa mentioned you will probably want to spend money on the suspension after buying the cheaper bikes and that is why we put the better suspension on our bikes.

Justin-thyme if you want any more info on our bikes we can help you no problem. Just send us an email [email protected] and we can hook you up :)

Cheers, Ken

But all the bikes come out of the Wuyi Bosuer Motion factory in China so how could one bike be any different to another( other then bolt on parts)? If you had a valid opinion other then a comment based on the bike that u own would help me more Sidney, but thanx for you opinion real helpful.

Sidney is a mongoloid, you gotta learn to ignore him. Most of what he says is complete bullshit, or simply retarded. I guess, they are all coming from different sellers. Like in shops, target could sell a packet of condoms for $6.00, and 7/11 sells the exact same ones for $9.00.. However, my example was pretty shit considering MSO's and those bikes are obviously different.

yeh as benox said it, when u buy a bike, u r paying for the retailers profit PLUS the bike, for stores like target since they are very big and have large stocks etc. they are cheaper and 7/11 charges more as they are a small store that rlly needs profits. the mso is a better bike than both of those no doubt about it, yeh they had some fastace forks but they had tose bad nitrogen rear shocks that cost 50 bux. in the end the mso is a better bike, better price and you will be treated 100 times better.
cheers.

Thanx for the replys. The real reason I asked is if it better to buy a bike that is the same as another dealer but a few hundred dollars cheaper( that would pay for postage, $200 to Cairns). As i said if the bike has problems i simply cant take it back to the dealer unless i want to pay postage each way. As great as MSO are I am sure they would not spring for postage if the bike had a problem. Hence is it better to save a few bucks and fix probs myself or pay xtra for warranty, after sale service etc.....

LOL I just got an e-mail back from
140cc BSE Pit Bike - OZtion Auction Item 2040972
after asking why they are selling this bike for such a high price. Their reply

Subject: hahaha

:) haha i think it is so funny that you would waste your time to send me a message about that when obviously i dont give two hoots about you or your comment. sounds like you'll be the one going to hell from stressing out too much.. you'll probably have a heart attack from high blood pressure.. well we can only hope. :)

Feel free to e-mail them. I'm sure they will appreciate it

im sending that guy an email and setting him self straight RIGHT NOW!

DAMN! im not a memeber so i can't if i was u i would send him back an email telling him ur thoughts, lol. he has NO chance of selling thatpiece of shit for 2,500! let alone 4g!!!!!!!!! LMFAO!!!! 4 grand for a bike worth 1g! lol, ofr 4 g u can buy a jap bike! lol

When someone gets angry over an email asking why they charge so much, obviously like a 12 year old selling bikes. Luckily we have Ken, Linda, Brian from maylands.. etc. All great people

Luckily we have Ken, Linda, Brian from maylands.. etc. All great people

EXACTLY!!!!!!! dude, if that was me that he sent the email to i would throw a spaz at him, he's gonna be the one dead after sellin no bikes and starin 2 death! lol

Latest posts

Back