Wiggling out of corners

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roscoe_w

Reaction score
Hey guys..hoping you can help

Got a DHZ 160R Outlaw....loving it.

I got a problem (or maybe its not a problem) where when i hit the corner and accelerate out of the corner, the bike seems to wiggle its way out until i pick it up straight again. Its not that annoying, just wondering if I can fix it and how I woud do that? or maybe its my riding style dont know....

I have check my rear shock and its not loose, but does have a slight flex when you grab hold of it and twist it? is that normal?

Thanks guys...
Ross

Hey mate,

Welcome to Miniriders.

This sounds like an issue I have been having with my big bike.

Have you checked your spokes lately? My guess is they are loose. If not it may be your wheel bearings.

Push your wheels side to side to test.

You mean like they feel wobbly side to side until you stand it up straight?

Yep thats what it feels like, wobbling side to side for a short while, until the bike upright.

Yep thats what it feels like, wobbling side to side for a short while, until the bike upright.

Yeah it's definately your spokes or wheel bearings then for sure.

Try the spokes first. A small spanner usually does the job or you can buy a spoke tool from most bike shops.

Just make sure you do them up in a cross pattern. Top inside, bottom outside and work your way around. They don't need much to tighten them. Hit them with a spanner and if they make a pinging sound they are good. If they don't and sounds like a dull sound they need to be tightened.

Let us know how you go.

Awesome. Ill check it out and let you know....

Thanks for the help!!!

Or check your rear wheel, and make sure it's not off line. I.E when the chain is too tight it can pull that side foward...

something I do when I am cleaning my bike after a ride to check the spokes, I spin the wheel with a pen, screwdriver, small spanner running on the spokes. as each spoke taps "the inanimate object" it goes "ting", each spoke should sound the same. it means the thorque on each spoke is very close. if one spoke sounds a little dull, nip it up a bit. if you nip it up too much, then the corrisponding spoke on the other side will go dull, its just a matter of keeping them all tight.

also if you buckle your rim, this is not the method to get it straight again. just preventative maintenance. and it sounds cool. like a wind chime. relaxing. fits in with my Feng Shui.

Or check your rear wheel, and make sure it's not off line. I.E when the chain is too tight it can pull that side foward...

That's also a very good point!!

If your axel block aren't lining up correctly on both sides it will put the wheel off balance and have the same affect. Check that while your at it. You will see marks on your swingarm and the block which line up to the same line on both sides.

whats enough pressure?

I would check those other things first.

I run my rear tyre pressure on the big bike real low (like 8PSI) when it's wet. Usually it sit's around 12 but that's on the big bike. Doesn't make the wheel wobble at all.

I wold guess maybe 10?

yeah i run around 15psi lower you tend to spin tyres and rip tubes apart (yes i do run rim locks),but yeah you could run maybe 10 in sand or mud

12psi are you serious i run my pit bike on 21psi front 15-18 psi back

21 is crazy!! You don't run anywhere near that on a big bike let alone a mini. Asking for a flat.

15 was way too much for me but I do ride in a lot of mud. Never once had a flat. Touch wood. Lol

So did you get it sorted?

Crazy indeed... I run around 18psi for motard, 18 or so on dirt too until I bother sorting rim locks :p

Latest posts

Back