Windows movie maker problems

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roost666

Mini Riders Legend
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Wondering if someone can shed some light on a problem i have with WMM.

When I import a video from my computer to WMM and play it i get audio but no video in the preview pane, Which when trying to edit the video makes it very difficult.

My graphics card has the latest drivers installed, That was the first thing i checked.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so what did you do to fix it.

I'm using windows 7.

Or what are some free editing programs i can download.

+1

there are no free good editing programs .... there trial only typs with half the features and watermarks
if you know how to use torrents i suggest .. pinnacle studio 14 pro .... good program

Kaza Lite Mega Codec pack I have been using for 10 years. Hasn't been a single movie I can't play with it.

You are much better off with some decent software. Snitchy is onto it, Pinnacle Studio has always been my favorite.

Should be able to get a torrent in 2 secs for that one. ;)

seans on the money if you havn't already done so. Windows comes with bugger all codecs built in, CCCP fixes all that, there are also others out there, but iv'e never needed to use anything but :)

Cheers guys, Will try that codec pack first, Might even just buy a program later down the track,

Come across this on you tube, Might be worth a shot.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dai58Ede1RA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also what do guys recommend for anti virus software as i need to buy some ASAP

i use to use klite codec pack but found it installed too much rubbish.

been using CCCP for over 5 years now..

i use avira antivirus (free edition) use to use avg free but in the last year or so iv found it to rape the pc too much.. avira is smooth and have been using and installing it on customers pc's for over 5 yrs...

cant you edit on youtube now?

i use to use klite codec pack but found it installed too much rubbish.

been using CCCP for over 5 years now..

i use avira antivirus (free edition) use to use avg free but in the last year or so iv found it to rape the pc too much.. avira is smooth and have been using and installing it on customers pc's for over 5 yrs...

cant you edit on youtube now?

Yeah you gotta know what to put on and what not too. I have been using that for closer to 12 years though. lol ;)

I'm not going to comment on free antivirus. They all suck bat in my opinion. The paid ones resource wise are pretty average as well but offer much better protection and resolution when **** hit's the fan. Norton is like $45 for a 3 user license. Can't go wrong for that price. I also know for a fact AVG has certain usage spyware that comes with the software.

I think he means what's in the Youtube clip. The Sony software. Be worth a shot Roost but for memory I think it's over complicated for what the average person needs. I would still look at Pinnacle.

As a computer tech iv'e seen em all. Nortons is the best by far but you have to pay for it. NOD32 would be the 2nd best. As for a good free one there is no such thing, however if you really want to go that way use the free MS security esentials. In conjuction with your antivirus you will also need to run an anti-spyware program, spybot or malwarebytes would be my recomendation. These are freebies and therefore do not run in the background so once every month or so should be updated and run... There you go, iv'e now given away all my trade secrets ;)

different strokes for different folks i guess..
i would never encourage anyone to buy or use norton antivirus, lol i use all the free programs to clean infected computers which have norton or mcafee or any of the so called hi end anti virus programs..

BUT if your a dik on ya pc and go looking for trouble then it doesnt matter what you have installed as your going to get raped lol..

and yeah i know he was talking about the youtube clip but depending what he's editing and if its going to end up on youtube anyways i thought youtube had the ability to edit now.

On the video editing side the one i sell the most of would be Sony Vegas, followed by Adobe Premiere, Nero, Roxio then Pinnacle. Never used any myself however thats what seems to be popular ones. if I was to grab one i would lean towards the Adobe, plently of support and youtube vids to follow if you get stuck.

different strokes for different folks i guess..
i would never encourage anyone to buy or use norton antivirus, lol i use all the free programs to clean infected computers which have norton or mcafee or any of the so called hi end anti virus programs..

BUT if your a dik on ya pc and go looking for trouble then it doesnt matter what you have installed as your going to get raped lol..

and yeah i know he was talking about the youtube clip but depending what he's editing and if its going to end up on youtube anyways i thought youtube had the ability to edit now.

Yeah that's it. I have used multiple combinations of everything to get some junk off. I swear by spybot search and destroy though. Helped me many a time.

I could tell you guys what we use at work which is the biggest one in the world but it's like $800 a year for a home license. lol. It's Sophos. Super low resources and doesn't miss a thing but it costs you.

I haven't seen youtube have editing capabilities yet? Man that would chew some bandwidth.

yeah in a corporate world anti virus programs are completely different.. malware bytes anti malware is one i use just for cleaning along with spybot and superanti spyware. wouldnt touch ms security unless you can run another 8gb of ram lol..

anyways

Video Editor - YouTube lol i new it had one, iv actually used it..

Latest posts

Back