Wireing for a trailer

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pittin

Reaction score
Hey guys, Im just wondering if anyone knows how to set up a plug on a car that you plug u trailer into for the lights and stuff?

Our vn hasnt got it set up and i was just woindering whether you just add wires to the lights or whatever

Any help would be appreciated.

ps: when installing speakers into your door, if there wasnt speakers there before can you just cut a hole for them in the door?

Yea you can cut a hole into the door but you have to make sure there is enough depth for it to fit otherwise you'll have to use ugly spacers.

I would be getting a pro to do this though.

As for the setting up the plug is this on the trailer or the car because i think you can get the wiring harnesses to do it.

You can do a aftermarket kit from Kmart etc yourself if you know what you are doing re auto eletrics and this is the cheapest way (the connectors have a wiring digram showing what color wires go to each circuit). However if you dont know what you are doing then most major makes of car have a factory tow bar wiring kit available (cost from $35 up depending on make). All you need to do is disconnect the tail light and plug the new wiring in then reconnect the taillight to the new harness. This is the best way but you will have to order the harness from the car dealership spare parts desk (ie if its for a toyota go to your toyota dealer).

Just go get some 5 core 4mm trailer wire and couple of plugs from a supercheap or a random auto store and use the wiring layouts on the back of the plug packs, All you need to do it run wires from your rear lights re: indicators, park, stop and a common ground.

Its a easy job, nothing fancy, dont need to pay someone $80-$100hr to do somthing thats only a 1-2hr job with a couple of beers.

it only cost 30 buks all up for me for a professional to fit a flat lead from my boot...

Latest posts

Back