Wolf 250 Zongshen motor... OHC?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sebatron

Reaction score
Hi guys,

new here, new to pit/mini bikes, but old to fullsizers and road bikes...
i've just picked up an engine bundle from a site sponsor, it's the 250cc OHC zongshen from the LEI Wolf 250.
Specs seem a little hard to come by. I don't even have a power rating or safe redline, let alone cam durations etc.
Does anyone have that kinda info?

I'm putting the motor into a road bike, dropping the old 6v points electrics and bringing in 12v CDI. doesn't sound like much, but i'm excited :)

I opted to forego the standard carby and exhaust. They sold me a "performance header pipe" but I won't receive the gear until friday so i haven't checked diameters or anything.
If anyone's had a fiddle with these, I'm just after observations... things to watch for, nice things noticed etc.
I'm gonna stick a 30mm flatslide on it, but i'm debating going bigger.

I think I saw somewhere it has a 15 tooth drive sprocket, can anyone confirm?

cheers :)

the "Gen I" 250cc china is a pretty durable little unit... very reliable without too many vices... There are a few mods you can do to them relatively easy to get more power out of them, main ones being exhaust, carby and shaving the head to bump up compression, which supposedly has a reasonable effect on outright power.
Not sure what the specs are on bore/stroke, redline and cam duration, but if you're just after a reliable play bike, these are good motors... I'd be disinclined to go any bigger than 30mm with the carby, the ports just arent big enough to warrant anything larger...
as for the "performance" header pipe that's coming, it may or may not fit the bike you intend to bolt it into... but like all thumper motors, a free flowing exhaust is a good start...
as for how many teeth the countershaft sprocket has, could be anywhere between 12 and 17... depends on what the little chinaman felt like throwing at it, on that particular day...

thanks for the info :)
about that, does anyone know the size of the valves?

i'm going to work out cam durations and post them up here when i've done so... hopefully in the next week or so.

Latest posts

Back