wont idle

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwikaz

Reaction score
hi guys nice to talk to you all, ive got a problem with my idle on my bike its got a walbro carb and for some reason i cant get the thing to keep any sort of idle?? ive played around with the idle screw but it dosnt respond at all the only way i can keep the bike from stalling is holding the throttle on abit?? if anyone can help me out there i would much appriciate thanks guys :D :D

set the low needle to 1 1/2 turns out from the full in position, set the high needle to 1 full turn out from the full in position. start the engine and then adjust the low needle until the engine idles as low as possible, now adjust the high needle to obtain maximum revs then back off 1/16 th of a turn.

i may have jumped the gun here in regards to your question about [ wont idle ] you mentioned you have a walbro carby, i naturally thought it was a wt type that has both high and low end needle screws but you may have the wyk type. so what carby do you have ?

carbie

its one of them delorto type carbies , like its gravity feed typr if ya know what i mean?? its got a bowl at the bottom of it i can see two screws but one has a spring on it and the one to the left of it is screwed right in?? so hope that explains it thanks for the help so far :D :D

no no no

no its not a delorto im just sayn it looks like that so i can give you i picture in your mind?? its walbro i might have to take pics of this..

bowl carbie

its a bowl carbie with walbro on the side.. its got one screw with a spring on it wich i think is the idle screw but when i turn it in and out no results???:confused: :confused:

the one with spring will be the idle bolt if idle wont stay up then you may have a blockage in your carby or check the top cap might be loose or carby or manifold may be loose and sucking air

if all that dont work try taking it in to a speacilist and get the carbie and the throtel cable checked

Latest posts

Back