wont kick start its too hard???help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divy

Reaction score
farrk i need some help guys,

as most of you know i havnt ridin my pitty for a few weeks cause ive been putting new parts on and today i tried to start it but no luck for some reason when i try to kick start it the kick start wont kick down its stuck
its not the usual hard to kick cause of compression its really hard

any ideas why its done this should i just use alot of force???

May just be hard to engage the kick starter with the motor. Try bump starting it, not to get it going, but just to turn the engine over a bit ... THEN try the kick starter again.

If that fails, then try removing the engine cover to see how the kick starter gear isn't engaging.

:D

I'd say you got a dodgey engine, was it second hand or anything? You said it was acting up since you got it. Somethings deffinately gone wrong, take it apart and have a look.

Could be seized but its probably somthing else.

nah its a new 140cc from lifan the back wheel isnt on so ill put it on an try to bump start it

its not compression i took out the sparky an tried to kick it and its extremly hard to kick and it goes down a little but thats it

i tried to push start but theres no chance

Then pull the cover off and have a looky.

FIXED!! YEY

lol you'll never guess what it was........ it was the new billet cam cover it has a bit on the inside and that was stopping the cam gear from moving around it was hitting the cam gear bolts

so fixed shes runnin perfectly again
thanks guys for the help i was 2 seconds away from tearing it down

LOL lucky you found the problem I bet that would have been the last place you were gonna look!

yeah like i said i was ready to pull it apart and then i had a brain fart and remembered when i put the cam cover on the back part was a little bit longer then the standard one an thought maybe it was rubbing on the cam gear bolts an yep that was it

good u found it before u stripped it down. would have been spwein if ya had to take the engine apart and find it was something small.
cheers

Latest posts

Back