Wont start help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terramoto123

Reaction score
Can anybody help me i got this pit bike that had a broken ignition coil. So i put a new one and it started but when i gave it a gas it died so i started again and the same thing happen. So next morning i started again it was better i could give it more gas. But after 10sek it died so i try to start it but then came gasoline out of the overflow on the caburetor and i havent started it after that. Can anybody help me

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Sound's like you need to clean out your needle and seat in the carby.
If that happen's you will get fuel overflowing out the bowl and will run out the drain at the bottom
It flood's the engine and make's it very hard to start, if it will at all

The carby need's to come off, then remove the fuel bowl and you'll see the float's, the needle sit's in the middle up against the tab on the float arm.
Push the pin that hold's the float to the float tower's right through and out and the float will lift off the carby, now you can access the needle
If the bike was bought second hand it might pay to replace the fuel line and add a fuel filter too
There is another filter in the fuel tank on the end of the fuel tap, if the tank has any dirt etc from using old jerry can's to refill it there could be bit's of dirt in there too.
If you want you can easily pull the tank off and give that a flush out while your at it, then it'll be good to go for quite a while

If you take the fuel bowl off, dry the gasket / o'ring asap, they can expand and cause sealing issue's too

Last edited:
Thank you very much my67xr you saved me really much time thanks

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back