Wont Start

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bevin

Reaction score
hey Mini riders i am new 2 this site as i got told 2 come here by some ppl of fmx Australia any way lets get 2 the point

i have a thumpstar and it wont start it was running but all of a sudden it wont start ive checked all the cdi/wiring and it seems fine its got a new plug and everything and it still wont go all the ground 2 earth is good all the wiring and everything ?

help please

did you try the spark test put the spark plug in the socket and kick the kick start while puting the end of the plug up against the head of the bike if it sparks then your wiring is fine and then it would have to be the carby.

were you riding and it fully stopped jsut suddenly died no warning or anything ? ill get bak to you if it is coz my vert did it to me yesterday at bout 7 o klok at night so i cbf fixing it lol ill take a look at it to morrow ? ill get bak to ya im fair sure its wiring tho on mine that is ? do the sparkplug test man thats always the easiest and sorts out wat type of problem mainly

ok it has got no spark i ran the wires 2 the right colors and everything could it be the cdi?
i have relocated the coil and that 2 a nother spot and still nuthn

havent had time to look at my bike yet m8 hopefully tomorrow i got exams next week so im revising and all but um cdi i think or the IRK and check the stator plate...

yeh cheers the wires from the coil had broken fron the steering thingo but i have re solderd them back 2 gether no woires are earthing asfar as i kno so would it be the cdi?

ok m8 i fixed my bike today and went for a ride (loved it) :D ahah the wires had broken so chek the rest of yours and chek the coils but then if all of that is ok it will probably be the CDI

would it matter that the wire have be resolderd back up ?

i have had the same problem my bike wouldnt start for 2 days then i got it started for bout 30 secs and it cut out.i bought an ngk plug and it still has the same problem.

nar wont matter that you resoldered the plugs on as long as there is still contact with the metal have you gone over every bit of wiring ? and if your bike started for thirty seconds might be your electrics robbo23 try the spark test but if it is splutering it is most likly your carby might be out of tune but id give it a clean through.

ok i found that problem about it
when i went 2 push the plug into the cdi one of the wires came out and preventing it 2 start so i fixed that and 1kick she was running perfect! im so glad i fixed it

yeah it i have done that before spent ages tryin to work out whats wrong just to find the smallest thing .... hahaha

yeh shes all sweet its just needs 2 cop a good thrashing

Latest posts

Back