Working at 2007 MotoGP

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruby

Reaction score
Woohoo! Checked the mail and received my documentation for working at this year's MotoGP. This will be my 5th year running, but its always a buzz to start getting the official mail. A bit like Xmas. Just got off the phone earlier to the organisers and looks like I may not be supervising the rookies in the paddock area and organising recovery of crashed bikes at turns 4 and 5 ... I may be a rookie in Pit Lane! Going up in the world.

So, I know its early but who's going to the MotoGP??!??

It'd be an excellent birthday present for Stoner to take out the Aussie round and become World Champ.

I watched a replay of the last race in Shanghai on fox today, Rossi had nothing, stoner has matured a lot this year, and I think there are some team bosses getting their checkbooks out already. It's good the have some of the commentators eat their words, saying that the win in the first round was luck. but 3 wins now out of 4 starts, how good is he.
Oh and what bike does he ride...lol

I'd like to see Casey stay put for a while. I'm sure the Duc boss won't risk losing another Aussie.

Ruby, are you a woman?

Finally, someone who's asking and not assuming. No, I'm not a woman. I am male.

... a very, very, very straight male I might add. LOL

Lol yeah dude, I always thought that no offence to any women on here, But generally women aren't that funny. You are Lol.. I always knew it but Daniel40 insisted you were a woman.

I'd like to see Casey stay put for a while. I'm sure the Duc boss won't risk losing another Aussie.
I fully agree, but I think Casey will asking for a new contract if he keeps it up.
Oh, and congrats on the 5th yr at the island dude, Biatch, I am a tad envious.

i didnt insist i thought you where cause your name and the pic in ur sig

Thats cool. Its been fun. I even got a marriage proposal. LOL

Hey Ruby, sounds cool. I've been lucky enough to scam Corporate passes for the last two years running and have been sitting down at turn 4 soaking up the sunshine and free beers/food. Keeping my fingers crossed for this year too. Did a freebie pit lane walk last year as well as hanging round in the support paddock with a few mates I had racing in Superstock.

I'll see you there!!

No worries mate, enjoy Corporate ... (grumbles under breath) LOL

Each year I get pit walk passes, and each year I give them away to my mates because I'm too busy working. Maybe this year I can be working in pit lane and I'll wave to my scabby friends as they walk pass. LOL

The hours are long and you're on your feet all day. The rookies (my brother being one) clock on at 7 and get big lunch breaks and leave earlier than us supervisors who end up working 12 hour days with minimal breaks and alot of jobs to do throughout the day. Still I wouldn't change a thing ... it gets you up close and personal with all the racers/teams and I get to upset people from time to time by 'doing my job'.

I've managed to get into an arguement with Biaggi and some stunters putting on a show; had a few beers with Bayliss, Vermullen, Crusty and Brooksy; and I've got autographs galore all over my jacket and other items I've accumulated over the years. Oh, and I had a big argument with Randy Mammola a few years back. LOL

Last edited:
Yeah, its a hard life but someones gotta do it!!!!

Seriously though, I've been really lucky the past few years and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this year. Worst case scenario I'll be eating $10 hamburgers and drinking $5 VB cans out in General Admission with everyone else!

Good luck with the marshalling. Hopefully you get a cushy job in pitlane where you can sit on your a$$!!!!

I was keen to camp out in the officials camping area, but my mate who's coming is not an outdoors person LOL, so we'll be using a place in Cape Paterson that we use each year for PI track days. Camping with the others mean I can drink and stagger back to the tent, crash out and wake up in a few hours to work the day again. There's always a big party after for the officials, and they all get blinded and the bullshit and stories flow. Last year we had Chris Vermullen join us. Top bloke.

Incidentally, ATM the TLR is getting a new paint job and decals for the show 'n' shine event at the MotoGP. I'll post pics when the new look is complete.

Latest posts

Back