world record

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreadful

Mini Riders Legend
Reaction score
just got an message from Brady ...... he just jumped 138ft in practice for the Crusty night on his mini.

Not only can he ride the wheels off anything he touches ....he's also a great bloke who's as down to earth as they come .

AUSSIE PRIDE :D

Oh yeah Maddo's thing is doin 200kms and he wants to jump 400 :eek:

26TH MARCH 08

WIND PLAYS HAVOC FOR WORLD RECORD TRAINING AS

RIVALRY INTENSIFIES AMONG CONTENDERS

Crusty Demons legend Seth Enslow proved today why he his known as the craziest of them all when

he geared up and hit an astonishing distance jump of 160 feet despite extremely strong gusty side winds that swept throughout Melbourne today.

With no one else willing to jump, Seth ordered his take off ramp to be adjusted slightly to the left, knowing that the

strong winds would push him to the right, and launched himself 70 feet in the air. After landing the first jump he decided to go for another which almost ended in catastrophe.

A huge gust of wind pushed Seth two whole metres to the right whilst up in the air causing him to draw on all of his years of riding experience to escape what was almost a terrible crash.

“I was really keen to get out there and jump today so I just went for it despite the wind,” said Seth. “The first jump was fine

but the wind picked up as I was in the air on the second and it was a very sketchy landing. I hate to think whatwould have happened if I wasn’t able to pull it together.”

With jumping called off, Australia’s Robbie Maddison was practicing his take off speed and was reaching speeds of almost 200 km/h.

“I am scheduled to go second on the night which is going to be a definite disadvantage. Capes is last so he will knowexactly what he has to jump to beat me,” said Maddison.

“This just means I will have to go out and there and jump a distance I know he won’t be able to match. I have prepared my bike to reach speeds of 200 km/h

which can push me to 400 feet so that is the distance I am going to jump.”

Capes was quick to fire back at Maddison. “I know I have the advantage jumping last and I am going to make

the most of it. If Robbie jumps 400 feet than I will go further. The record is going to be mine.”

Robbie Maddison, Seth Enslow and Ryan Capes serious approach and painstaking preparation ahead of this Saturday evening’s jump was clearly evident.

“A lot goes into planning for this event and this particular jump, you need to consider everything to get it just right,” said Maddison.

“Fitness is definitely a key, as is confidence. You need to be 100 hundred percent committed otherwise you risk falling short and taking a very big fall.”

“Having three of us going for the same record is going to be interesting – the mind games have already started,” he claimed.

Maddison starred in the celebrity race at the recent Australian Grand Prix and Enslow said it was now his turn to take centre stage.

“Robbie’s had his turn, now it’s mine,” quipped Enslow.

“I’ve been putting absolutely everything into my training and have been bettering my own jumps consistently in practice.”

“We’ll see who can pull it off on the night, there could be some surprises.”

Based in the United States, Capes and Enslow have had the chance to train together prior to the event and are both acutely aware of each other’s strengths.

Capes rallied the argument, stating that when it came to crunch time, he knew he would have what it takes to hold off both Enslow and local hopeful Maddison.

“I’ve been training with Seth so I can read him pretty well, he’ll talk it up but we’ll see who actually delivers on the night,” said Capes.

“Robbie will be tough to top, but I know I can just out jump whatever he dishes out on the night!”

This attempt will round out what is set to be an incredible evening of entertainment. As well as 17 other

separate world record attempts, the event will feature an integrated pyrotechnics display and the sounds

of home-grown talents Dead Letter Circus, Mammal and Kill the Capital.

There will also be a full Crusty Demons freestyle show with star riders including world number one Nate Adams

and X Games gold medalist Adam Jones as well as freaks and the gorgeous Crusty Babes.

The purpose-built down-ramp which is the biggest ever constructed had its first real test today. It is 30 feet high, 125

feet long and 60 feet wide, and uses 16,000 tonnes of dirt, costing a total of $300,000 to create.

In total, the arena contains 30,000 tonnes of dirt and cost promoters over one million dollars to create.

You know it Brad .... think it's further than anyone else has ever gone...

and I think he'll tack on a few more feet before he's done :eek:

The weather isnt looking good, if its raining Saturday they will have it Sunday, if its raining Sunday then its called off and we get a refund

no refund i dont think

but i was just speaking to andy about brady's jump and he at the monent is only getting 92kph's out of his bike
but andy reckons he can get up to 96k's

brady reckons he can get close to the 150ft mark

so i'm praying for no rain and no wind please motorcycle god please give us the weather required please

i cant wait

see ya's there

hey dready you coming this way for the night or have you got somone else on the go?

Soooo dirty but won't be there bruz ...if ya can get a few shots it'd be killer it's gunna be off the hook.

yeah bro gunna smugle the clicky device in
i'll buzz some up on the email

who is going tomorrow night

Siiick bruz .... found this ....I'm soooooo jealous

Maddo breaks own record

27 March 2008

Maddo breaks own record
Australia's own Evel Knievel, Robbie Maddison, this afternoon smashed his own world record for the longest distance jumped on a motorcycle, with an astonishing leap of 346 feet at Melbourne's Calder Park.

Treacherous conditions have prevented him from training all week, but after a few smaller training jumps today, Maddison was ready to see exactly what his modified Honda CR500 and ramp could do.

The winds were still in the 30 to 40km/h range but not wanting to wait any longer, he took the risk and hit the ramp.

"I have been saying all week how far I know I can jump and it is so good to go out there and prove it today. I have now broken my own record in training and I definitely have much more in the tank for Saturday night."

Maddison was jumping in front of a host of onlookers who were shocked and amazed at the extreme distances he was going, hitting the take off ramp at almost 160km/h, flying over 70 feet in the air and in the end jumping 24 feet further than his New Year's Eve jump in Las Vegas.

His challengers, Seth Enslow and Ryan Capes were watching on and now know it is going to take a huge feat to surpass the new world record of 346 feet.

"The bar has definitely been raised, it is not just talk anymore there is action behind it," said Capes. "The distances we are going to jump on Saturday night are going to blow fans minds. Maddison is jumping well, but I know I can still get him. It's going to be a huge distance."

This attempt will round out what is set to be an incredible evening of entertainment. As well as 17 other separate world record attempts, the event will feature an integrated pyrotechnics display and the sounds of home-grown bands Dead Letter Circus, Mammal and Kill the Capital.

Great tickets are still available to be part of history on Saturday night and can be purchased from Your Page Title. Tickets will also be available at the venue from lunch time Saturday. Gates open at 2pm with the first band playing at 4pm.

The event will host 18 world record attempts, full Crusty Demons freestyle motocross show with star riders including world number one Nate Adams and X Games gold medalist Adam Jones, as well as freaks and the gorgeous Crusty Babes.

The purpose-built down-ramp which is the biggest ever constructed had its first real test today. It is 35 feet high, 160 feet long and 60 feet wide, and uses 25,000 tonnes of dirt, costing a total of $300,000 to create.

In total, the arena contains 40,000 tonnes of dirt and cost promoters over one million dollars to create.

dunno what would drive som1 to wanna jump 140ft on a pitty haha they'll be flying but there aint no soft drop :)

yeh the record show was just on it was sick
the guy that jumped the pitty was mad and it was only 50cc
one of them nearly landed on this guy then the next go he nearly went over the hangers

it would be like throwing urself out of a plane if u hit the grond, but maddo is d man, he will break the record, but somethng tells me one of them (capes,seth and maddo) will hurt themselves (even if it is just a sptrained wrist or something). Jeez you wouldnt want to fall onto the gound at 200ks on the ground, let alone 70ft in the air

Ok I have it on good authority Maddo ended up goin 378ft in practice yesterday !!!!!!! Crew there said it was NUTS .

mmmmmmm the weather doesn't look real nice at all

but we will see ha

i've got everything crossed

here's to hopeing

do you have to be there or are they showing it on fox? Would be great to see live as tv doesnt do this stuff justice

any updates. Heard he broke the record but showed jack shite on the news

Latest posts

Back