• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Miniriders and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: GPX 125CC Race Engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyperdallas

Reaction score
WANTED: GPX 125CC RACE ENGINE

CONDITION: Used, but not trashed.

PREFERRED PRICE RANGE: $300-$400

EXTRA INFORMATION: Looking for a complete GPX 125CC RACE ENGINE kit. Must be running and in reasonable condition. Needs all the parts including oil cooler, wiring harness etc etc

i have got a gpx 125 with smashed 3rd gear comes with new gearbox $200 carby manifold etc

so when you say new gearbox, i'm assuming you have all the parts needed to repair the motor but haven't ?

Last edited:
thats what the man looks to be saying mate....

You sometimes gotta ask the question and look silly in order to avoid any assumption. :grinning-smiley-003

So zwebx, is that for the motor only and gears, carby and manifold? There is no wiring harness or oil cooler?

hes got a ducar 70 stripped and primed for the gearbox swap!
i believe hes got the carby... but im unsure about the oil cooler!
200 is a good deal!

You sometimes gotta ask the question and look silly in order to avoid any assumption. :grinning-smiley-003

So zwebx, is that for the motor only and gears, carby and manifold? There is no wiring harness or oil cooler?
That is with all parts needed to repair it with a spare shift drum and shift forks (complete spare gearbox out of a 2hr old ducar 70 -same box-)
thats with the spare gears, carby manifold maybe not the wiring harness (unless you want one from a pitpro se) there is no oil cooler on this one
Motor has done very very little hours 3rd gear only went because of slightly over tightend chain..
engine it self is perfect compression no smoke and very impressive for a 125 kept up with alot of the 160s at buccas marsh

ok thanks for the update. Any chance I could get a pic of all the gear ? can all be in one pic together.

GOPR0300.JPG
new gearset
GOPR0299.JPG
does not come with kicker or pipe.. will remove from bike when you purchase

Thanks for the pics man.

I was hoping for a working kit that I can just bolt in and off I go. I would have to fork out more for an engine that requires repairs and since I'm not mechanically minded to do them myself, I would need to pay someone.

$200 motor
$50 shipping
$70 oil cooler DHZ
$20 shipping DHZ
$180 2 hrs labour $90 (Gear Repair)
$35 wiring harness
$25 Gaskets etc
total $500+

Considering DHZ are offering a full kit for $449, I do appreciate your time but I'm gonna have to give this a miss. If it didnt require repairs, I would jump on it no question.

Fair enough, its a better buy for some one local ish who doesnt mind spending a bit of time replacing the gears..
Good luck with finding a decent motor

Fair enough, its a better buy for some one local ish who doesnt mind spending a bit of time replacing the gears..
Good luck with finding a decent motor

So are you sure that's the problem since you havnt pulled it down yet? Could possibly be a cracked RH crankcase...like the 3 150s in the PitPro bigwheel build....

Latest posts

Back