• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Miniriders and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wtb: Kick start gear for 140 pitster pro

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snaptrax

Miniriders.com Sponsored Rider & Master Spanner Sp
Reaction score
Hey guys

WANTED: The gear that sits on the back of the clutch set-up i think its called the idler gear

CONDITION: Must have all teeth and no cracks or fractures

PREFERRED PRICE RANGE:
under 25 posted would be great

EXTRA INFORMATION:

Pm please

Thank you I the cheapest i could find was 70

No idea i need to take off the clutch basket first to measure it.

Cheers Roy.
Im guessing im gonna need that 4 pronged socket to get the clutch off yeah.

Yeah u need to get the clutch basket out with that , dunno bout your donk but pretty sure you will need to remove the oil slinger first so yeah u need one of those tools sorry for my bad memory but r u in melb? U ride frankston sometimes yeah? Anyway u can get those tools from buzz or motorbike city or dhz , a impact driver will make life much much easier otherwise grab a big ass flat head ( that u don't mind damaging coz ull prob break the top :) ) n a big hammer :) also if u have a oil slinger like I have in the Lifan 140 the oil slinger face plate has four screws!! Make sure u use the right size Philips bit n if u have a impact tool use it coz the silly little screws break the second u try undoing them, post pics once u get your clutch side case cover off n we can talk you through it, the boys helped me n I hadn't done it before its nothing major really

N yeah no point changing only one just change all three cogs n all will be sweet, I'm tipping your kick starter spins round on itself n u can only get the starter gears to engage at curtain points throughout the stroke instead of finding tdc nice n easy yeah??

Cheers roy.
il take some photos tomorrow night i have some old sockets i might cut up.

Cheers roy.
il take some photos tomorrow night i have some old sockets i might cut up.
I undid mine with a screwdriver (old one) and a hammer and if you have a oil slinger you will most likley need a impact driver to get the screws off without stripping them and then undo the nut behind that peice with a screw driver and hammer..
usually there not too tight and you most likley will not damage the nut if you take a little time and put the screwdriver in the correct bit of the nut

also the gear set you bought may not be the same cog teeth size.. so make sure it works nice and smooth before you put it all together... man was i kicking myself (pun not intended) when i had to take the clutch off after i loctited it all down
edit: i should have read roys post instead of posting a similar thing.. lol

Last edited:
Back