XB33 Super Motard

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HyperMotard

Reaction score
I have a tire thats 150 in width and I want to fit it to a 3.00' rim. It this okay or too small or too big. Its a Michelin Pilot Sport SC and its for my XB33 dirt bike which I'm converting to motard. I'm not looking to race just to ride around and maybe register it. I'm buying a Takegawa 187 Scut +R engine with 28mm carb, race cam, Kitaco Inner Rotor Kit, NGK Spark Plug, Oil Cooler, 5 Speed Transmission, Sano Race Pipe, Carbon Fibre Air Filter, Brembo Brakes, Brembo Thick Rotor Race Brakes with 4 Piston Caliper etc. I'm spending $3500 but before I do anything I need to know if the tires will fit my rim. Its 14" front and rear 3.00'. I'm planning to put 120 on the front.

welcome HyperMotard
I guess your talking about one of these bikes
Zuma XB33 140cc DirtBike
XB33140RH3.JPG

I have not had much to do with fitment of tyres on 14" rims, however I would think the principle stays pretty much the same. Normally 150 tyres want something like a 4.25" wide rim so your 3" rim will pinch the tyre a fair bit, not to mention that you most likely will not have the clearance in your swingarm.

If you have enough clearance the tyre will physically fit and will work in a fashion tho, just means that you would probably get better traction off a smaller tyre, don't forget that your engine has to turn the wheel, bigger / heavier wheel = less acceleration

So what about 120 on the back and 120 on the front. Will that work.

yeah probably gonna ride a little better that way.
I have 12 x 2.15" rims and run 100 front and 120 rear, for an ideal setup I should have a wider rear rim but it works for now so I leave it be.

Look at the spec sheets from bridgestone (google it).... they recommend fitting a 120 tyre to 3.00 and above... 150 tyre would need a huge rim... it probably wouldnt fit between the swing arm.

Okay but would 120/120 handle good for motard like getting the back out. Is there like a 130 tyre or a 14" wider rim. Do you guys think the Takegawa Scut 178 is the most powerful Takegawa or is the 124 better. I wan't to know which one has the highest HP.

Yes, there is a 130 tyre. Most scooters run a 130. Why do u want to fit 14" wheels?
I would imagine 12" would be better for pitbikes, easier turn in?
120 is great for motard... almost everyone runs that size on 12" wheels. And yes, u can get the back out. Im using pilot sports and can easly spin the back out when leaning and grabbing a fist full of throttle..... its shit to do though as u lose time and sometimes stack.... if u mean backing it into corners u can do that on 120 tyres also, as seen on vids posted here.

I want to run 14" cause the bike will look too big for a 12" they'll look tiny. Where can I find this 130 tyre. And is it for 14" cause theres alot for 13".

So do you guys have any links to wheels that are 14" widder than 3.00"

some scooters have 14" wheels so I'm sure that if you went to a tyre store you would find something to order in from their catalogue. Secondly, why are you spending so much money on a bike you plan to simply ride around and somehow register? Waste of time if you ask me, even motard racers don't bother spending that much coin (except Correy...).

I have a tire thats 150 in width and I want to fit it to a 3.00' rim. It this okay or too small or too big. Its a Michelin Pilot Sport SC and its for my XB33 dirt bike which I'm converting to motard. I'm not looking to race just to ride around and maybe register it. I'm buying a Takegawa 187 Scut +R engine with 28mm carb, race cam, Kitaco Inner Rotor Kit, NGK Spark Plug, Oil Cooler, 5 Speed Transmission, Sano Race Pipe, Carbon Fibre Air Filter, Brembo Brakes, Brembo Thick Rotor Race Brakes with 4 Piston Caliper etc. I'm spending $3500 but before I do anything I need to know if the tires will fit my rim. Its 14" front and rear 3.00'. I'm planning to put 120 on the front.

Sorry to say, but i wouldnt waste my time or my money on a XB33, you would be wise to put your hard earned cash elsewhere. Further.....you cant register it...hoped i have helped you....have fun!

Latest posts

Back