xjr50 swing arm

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shepherd

Reaction score
so today i come across the problem that when i put my fastace 270mm shock on my xjr50 ( was running a 260mm shock) it pushed the swing arm down to far making the chain just tare through the slider and start at the swing arm.
i was just wondering if any once else has faced this or a similar problem?

any ways to get around it?

my only real thought is to run a longer swing arm, would that work?
the xjr 50 swing arm is smaller the stock buy about one inch.

ohkay cheers man. will be ordering links asap.

now i do think of it i can not see that working? just mean my wheel would be a little bit mroe back?

i dont think its going to do anything. and if anything, a longer swingarm with that shock will exaggerate the issue. the problem you got is that the shock is too long. I would go back to a 260mm shock, then get a longer swingarm.

i put my stock shock back in for now. its jsut odd that dhz will sell it in a big boys pack for and extra 250 with pro taper and exhaust and the same shock. so it must not be to hard.
also i thunk maybe with the 2 more link the wheel will be futher back making the angle a little diffrent

i got the fastace one tha towuld come in the big boys pack it is 270mm long and yeah i looked on ur build checking for problem but you had none. very unhappy about it and dhz lack of intrested in replys by email and facebook. im getting better response from you guys who aint running a company.
love dhz but very unhappy with them

nup. adding two links will make the CHAIN longer, but it will still pull tight on the top, and make a whole lot of slapping and other gay noises.

spot on westy. i have an idea if i put bigger sprokckets on teh chain shoudl be a little be higher from the swing arm. recomanded sprocket sizes? front to rear ratoi? ill put up a pic of my problem

here we go. might be better if yous can see it

Attachments

• xjr swingarm.jpg
    xjr swingarm.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 21
the problem is thou if i loosen the chain it jsut runs along the swing arm and chews it down bad.

Basically your shock is too long making the swing arm sit at too steep of an angle as well as the chain being too tight. Looks to me like you got an H swing arm type of shock and you needed a shock for an A type.

Latest posts

Back