xjr50?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zippy168

Reaction score
Been considering getting the pitster pro from dhz, i just want
Some answers first.

How do you go about removing the electric start?
What do i need to do so? Will i need to replace any parts?

Also will the forks and shock still work in a genuine thumpstar
Frame? And swingarm? Will i come across more problems?

I dont expect it to all just fall together i just want to be prepared
For it.

Thanks for any help

They are growing in popularity lately mate,

Your best source of advice would be Wayne on here, he's recently bought one and done a brand new build.

Here's the thread, I recommend a read of it:

http://www.miniriders.com/china-builds/32055-minifighters-xjr-ss-build-minip.html

If your seriously considering getting one, I'd hold off for a bit longer cuz DHZ are apparently getting the Pitster xjr90 in soon, so that would be worth waiting for mate.

Regards,

Carlton

I heard the same Charlie (about the 90) Not sure if its totally true, if it is i dunno how long till they'll be in Aus. Wont be anytime this year thats for sure.

If you look closely at the std Pitster50 graphics they actually say 90 on the rear fender lol

Personally wouldnt bother I had one for a short period just to get my gf into it however would never buy one personally for myself,

Braaap have a 88 limited which are expencive however all the hard work is done

IIts just for fun and something to do.
Thanks i see minifighters build looks awesome.

Personally wouldnt bother I had one for a short period just to get my gf into it however would never buy one personally for myself,

Braaap have a 88 limited which are expencive however all the hard work is done

The braaap 88 is shocking stock. I had one and I had to replace everything but the frame and engine. Plus the new model 88's only come with a mono style swinga, which i junk on a 10/10. There like $2400 with USD forks, which are so hard they don't even really do there job very well. I would not recommend the braaap 88 unless you want to spend 2k replacing everything... oh no wait I'm the only idiot that would do that ha ha.

Get a dhz110 or the xjr50 seem alright, very much like a stocker. They just need a few little upgrades like ever crf50's do! The price of the xjr50 is awesome, i would think there well worth it for that price. Even look at a second hand crf50, there has been heaps on ebay lately for like 1k not selling. just get on to one of them!

Thanks rach.
Its all trial an error really. I think i want the xjr for something
Different. I think i will be getting one very soon. I already have some spares
Laying around waiting.

I got both my kids one each last XMas and they love em....

Both had never riden anything other then quads before and there already hassleing me for the bigbore kits DHZ have.... Only mods so far is Protapers on Nakita's (10) and on Clayton's (7) is Protapers and a stock Honda crf50 seat as he was a bit short for the stock tall seat..

For bigger riders I would also recommend getting better suspension as there very bouncy for bigger riders... and of cause a big bore kit !!!

You can remove the E-start but to do this you have to completely pull the motor down and replace the left side center case, the complete stator setup, the stator cover and also mod the wiring..

I've done this before and it's piss easy as long as you have the tools and parts.... I'll be doing it to both the kids bikes once Clayton can kick start his without hassle... I think it's good for kids to learn to kick start there bikes and not rely on E-start... it also gives a little extra performance and you can also remove the ugly battery...

all in all there great bikes... it was these bikes that made me sell my 150cc MSO Elite and build my current smaller bike... There just fun....

Yeah like i said its only for fun but i did look on ebay and
Like rach said theres crf50s for dirt cheap im thinking it might
Be worth the extra to get a jap bike.

Some lucky kids you have there. I bet they have a blast.
Leaning towards the crf now

Go a 2nd hand crf . i understand wanting to be different , but getting a cheaper copy compared to the genuine product isnt worth doing .. specially when there is lots of cheap crfs getting around.

Latest posts

Back