Yamaha wr250 stolen melbourne

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellrazor

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

On the weekend, a 2008 Yamaha Wr250R was stolen from my workplace carpark in Docklands in Melbourne, On Saturday night at 1030 pm.
Basically the bike was locked up and the handlebars locked etc in a secure underground carpark. The thieves had to of known the bike was there and have obviously scoped it out for a few days prior, and somehow, have access to our carpark.

The bike has a custom pipe on it and bark busters but other than that it is as stock as a rock.

If anyone has any info on it ( or im not supplying enough info ) Anything would be greatly appreciated.

In the pic - the bike has the back tail fender thing dangling off - when the bike was taken it had all the new slimline stuff fitted to it.
Cheers

051020081399.jpg

ok, im guessing there is no cameras on the entrances and exits of the car park? or even anywhere in there?
i know this is probly the first thing you thort of tho...

also is there any neibouring businesses that have security cameras that might have had a shot of near your work?

also you reported it to the police?

its a fine line weather you should put flyers up at notice boards and stuff... you might be able to find someone with info which would be good, or the theifs may see it and drasticaly change the appearence of the bike.

Yeah pretty crap news.

Our building didn't have surveillance but one of the businesses did and we have a slightly good lead. We have a make and model of a car but can't get the rego on it.

We know the exact time it happened and everything. And you cannot exit the carpark without having a remote to the door - so - it has to of been someone who has access to a remote.

And yes it's been reported, but typical police ' have other things to worry about'.

Cheers guys

sorry to hear it man ..still can't be too many people with access and that model car ?

sorry to hear about this crap mate.....sounds like your off to a good start in tracking these homo's down, id be searching that parking lot for the car you caught on camera.

Sounds like the cops as usual are not as keen as you'd like em to be ... but you do have some good leads mate.

Maybe ring a private detective and see if he can help catch the bastards ...if you do they'll have to pay for his costs in the end ...but you'll need to press charges and prosecute them to achieve that.

But yeah worth the couple of days it'd take him to check it out if ya get ya bike back anyway.

Hi guys,

Thanks for your great feedback.
Yeah - there is only probably less than 50 businesses in our building, and maybe 100 people with these remotes. This job is more of a job where i think someone who works in our building has told their corrupt friends to come and steal it. They surely wouldn't bring their Red Corolla to work each day. We havent got a partial match on the number plate or anything yet. We are trying to source footage from the City of Greater Melbournes Cameras but again, needle in a haystack and not willing to help.

Private Investigator might be the go? Thoughts? How much are they etc?

after a private investigater, then just get a hit man... wont be too much. (if your lucky he might be the same dude and get a 2 for 1 deal:D)

wish you best of luck mate:)

Mate not sure have'nt had need to hire one personally ...but I understand it's not cheap maybe in the region of 500 a day .

Having said that they don't muck around and it's their job to get around the delays and hassles you are experiencing gathering evidence so I think a few days could accomplish a great deal ... I'd give one of em a ring and fill him in ...he'll be able to give you a rough idea of costs and your chances of success .

i agree with dready here, at least give one a call and ask a few question's......sadly the police dont do shit its farking pathetic all they do is hand out fine's to make there quota, if it sounds like they gotta do some work then they just put it in the to hard basket. sad but true, well atleast around here anyway.

Just called a Pi company and they gave me a bit of info which was really helpful.
There are some more cameras in our area , however, they are only accessible via the police or Greater Melbourne Council - if we can get footage of one of these cameras - we will be right i reckon.

id be hassling the absolute piss out of the 2 of them, eventually they may give you what you need :D fingers crossed man

Well we have the make model and colour of the car....
We could check how many of these are regd in vic and go from there....
But surely the car is stolen as well - the video footage shows how planned the whole operation was....

Well we have the make model and colour of the car....
We could check how many of these are regd in vic and go from there....
But surely the car is stolen as well - the video footage shows how planned the whole operation was....

well hope it isnt stolen... even smart crooks have come unstuck on simple mistakes. (these people might be thinking that ur buildding doesnt have cameras, so why bother stealing a car)
if it is stolen and you can find the owner of the car there will be 2 of yous pestering the cops.

They literally rode it away. Broke the lock - started it, and exited the building, like it was their very own bike.

Latest posts

Back