Yinxiang 124cc ,swap to Ducar 124cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tbags

Reaction score
Hey guys,

i pulled the Ducar engine (DJ154FMI) out of the cheap banga and really have no use for it
so the young lad i work with has a CRF50 copy and it has a Yingang engine (YG154FMI) that is pushing more oil out the back than you can imagine

personally i dont think its worth rebuilding either but he is happy with a 124cc

which one would be better to slap in a new piston, rings and a quick port job in to get him back out bush bashing

i'd go the ducar, but in saying this i hav not used a yinyang before. i have a ducar 125 in my mini, and its been an extremely faithful engine. its still going after 7 years, on the same piston an rings lol. but it is due soon. gearbox and clutch have remained in tact too, which is always a plus.

Was the Yinyang engine originally out of a buggy/ atv? alot of their engines will have reverse.

i cant tell you if its original or if it was a swap over, the apprentice purchased his bike about 4 months ago, so its done all right for him, not knowing what the previous owners would have done to it

The Ducar engine i have doesnt really need anything right now i guess, i have never really ran it up, all i know is it does run,
we work on heavy diesel earthmoving equipment, so rebuilding it will be more for fun and experience for him with fiddly things

yea, give the ducar a go. do the following before even starting it

1. change the oil to some 10-40 NON synthetic mineral oil

2. check valve clearences: [video=youtube;QJciyJRJh8Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJciyJRJh8Q[/video]

3. clean carb out with compressed air, and wack a foam filter on, or clean your current one

Good luck :)

yea, give the ducar a go. do the following before even starting it

1. change the oil to some 10-40 NON synthetic mineral oil

2. check valve clearences: [video=youtube;QJciyJRJh8Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJciyJRJh8Q[/video]

3. clean carb out with compressed air, and wack a foam filter on, or clean your current one

Good luck :)

Agreed. I just got a 2008 lifan 124cc in a second hand bike and the valves hadn't ever been touched! The last owner thought it went hard before that ;)

hehe, lol it is amazing how much people are experts sometimes !! i listen to people at school, trying to be impressive, and by no means do i know all, but atleast i dont pretend too! although it is entertaining to see how far they'll go, some people are desperate for accepantce!! just be yourselves, thats whats really cool!

Cheers mate for the link for the valve adjustment,
i have done them many times before on my 140cc and 155cc, we will give the engine a good service before it goes in, and will see how long it lasts

good to hear mate, i think you'll find the ducar to be pretty reliable, the only time mine wouldnt start was because of the crappy china "performance" CDI blew, and i had a pretty gummed up carb. fixed that and she started up first go! but just keep the maintenance up and u should be fine :)

Latest posts

Back