Your thoughts on Tilers

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fat-magz

Reaction score
hey people im looking at doing a tiling apprentiship(floor an wall) im not that great with heights i could handle the typical roofs though(thats about it lol).... ive heard that this is a good trade to get into for money wise but can be very physically demanding. I think this could be a good trade for me as im abit of a creative person as well as a hard worker... if anyone out there has had experience in this trade could you give me some of your thoughts on it...

thanks

Tiling is a good trade to get into if you like that sort of work. There is always plenty of work around especially if your good at it and take pride in your work because there are a lot of shit tilers around. If you like to pay attention to detail and like to be clean and neat then you will do well in this trade. Work is mostly indoors but you can also get some outdoor work such as alfresco's and outdoor entertaining areas/pathways. You can also expand out to things like swimming pool tiling which is another side of tiling altogether.

Its a much better trade than roof tiling. Your best option is to try and get some work experience with a tiler for a week or 2 and you can see exactly whats involved. Then you will know if its for you or not.

Last edited:
ROOF TILER? if so good trade but expect to be fuked by 40

ceramic ? indoors good trade >>>was <<<< now not so good ,unless you speek asian your shit out of luck

i know of 7 tilers out of work being under cut by imported tilers korea an such

and your knees will be shot and back stuffed by the time your 50 ,i been doing construction work for over 25 yrs ,its getting worse and worse

put it this way ,i wont teach my own son a trade as it's getting bad ,i mean in the last 20 yrs its getting harder and harder to make a nice coin ,work health safty is killing it ,the rules and regs are out of control

my young fella will be a copper b4 i let be a tradie

i helped a guy out roof tiling once.....NEVER AGAIN will that happen it sucked real bad he had me (14 at the time and tiny little guy i was)carrying these heavy arse tiles up on to the roof then i had to work my way around on skinny little boards was hard work but i was only a kid at the time

ok guys well im quite a perfectionist with what ever I do i dont really like heights.... its hard to find any work at the moment its just a pain in the ass! and finding work experience will be hard... an i still wanna be able to move when im 50 lol !!

finding work experience shouldn't be hard if you work and dont expect a paycheck......just go and see some buisness's and tell them ya willing to work for a week or 2 for nothing to gain some experience

government work ,if i had my time again id be a government worker get paid to do stuff all and the best part is the super plan and security

look long term , hard work never killed anybody but remember your a long time alive and it aint much point if your in constant pain

take me for instance ,im a gyprocker ,mean throwing heavey gyprock sheets over your head all day ,i dont do that no more ,but i did for a long time and my back is shot

neck is stuffed from looking up all the time ,shoulders are worn out from pushing trowls all day

have rsi in both hands ,get pins' and needles all the time
dont get me wrong ,there is good coin to be made but remember coin aint every thing and the most successfull pppl are the lucky 1's who love to do what they do and the money is a non concern

it's hard i know but be preparied to do anything and you might be supprised what is was thought to be a shit job you may find interseting

anyways im rabbiting on and i need a beer to ease my pain ,.

Latest posts

Back