yx 140 probs

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funfisher

Reaction score
Hi guys, im brand new to this forum so first of all hello,
lets start by saying im new to pitbikes i am 42 yrs old and always owned jap bikes ie yz's and kx's, i have a thirteen year old son which i have purchased a revolution mx 140 big wheel bike from marshal motorsports in newcastle, i believe they carry the yx 140 engine, great bike, heaps of go about it, my question is, is there anybody in the Newcastle NSW area that works on these bikes, i need to get the valve clearances checked and adjusted and also going to put a oko 26mm carby on it, standard is the molkt carby which i have a lot of trouble with, the bike seemto have a real dead spot at about one third throttle hence why i want to get the clearances checked, the bike is only about 3 hours use old and been like it out of the box and i read on here all different valve clearances for this motor, hoping someone on here may be able to help out an old, time poor bloke lol, thanks guys
cheers

Welcome to Miniriders :blah:
Your valve clearences should be set at .004 and .003 and it is a piece of piss to do on these bikes. As for the carby a 26mm OKO will deffinately get you sorted and give it a few more ponies too ;)

Heres a link on how to do the clearences, unfortunately no pics, but it'll give you a good idea.
http://www.miniriders.com/motor-tutorials/24965-how-set-valve-clearances-horizontal-engines.html

cheers mate, i am still confused as to the correct clearances for the yx 140, i have seen 0.08mm for the intake and .010mm for the exhaust and 4thou onthe inlet and 6thou on the exhaust or even 8 thou on inlet and 10 thou on the exhaust, im sure it all been done to death on here but its confusing me and just wanna get it sorted as we are going out west for a 4 day camping riding trip and the nearest bike shop will be over 150 km away so need to get it running sweetly
sorry to be a pain in the a#$%
thanks again

All good mate, pretty much all the boys/girls round here run .003 and .004 Thats deffinately what i run in my YX160 and my wifes Lifan 125, and iv'e had no dramas (touch wood)

thanks again mate just one more quick one, so is this .003 for the intake and .004 for the exhaust and is that thou or mm ( stupid i know but just makin sure before i attempt it )

thanks heaps

Im with timeeh on all the bikes i have owned with YX150,YX125,YX140, Lifan 125 and 150 plus engines and tuning peoples bikes i always set the valve clearances at .003 thou on the inlet and .004 thou on the exhaust. It not hard to do at all just follow to link timeeh put up you cant go wrong mate. And welcome to Miniriders mate.

Im with timeeh on all the bikes i have owned with YX150,YX125,YX140, Lifan 125 and 150 plus engines and tuning peoples bikes i always set the valve clearances at .003 thou on the inlet and .004 thou on the exhaust. It not hard to do at all just follow to link timeeh put up you cant go wrong mate. And welcome to Miniriders mate.

Thanks heaps guys, been a great help
cheers

Latest posts

Back