Yx and lifan 150cc with daytona style c/cover??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoonta68

Reaction score
hi im wondering what the major difference between the LIFAN 150cc and the YX 150cc(both fitted with daytona style side cover)

other than the slightly bigger stroke on the yx and the traditional finned side cover on yx they both look identical and nothing like the KLX STYLE(excuse my use of the letters klx lol)

atomik claim they are using yx race series 150cc with daytona cover and
my chinese counterpart has told me they are old engines??

whats the go as im confused and want to do some extensive engine work on 1 since i have 2 of them to spare

cheers and any help will be greatly appretiated

the yx has a better head I suppose...but the engines are so new almost nobody can say something about it!

lol just my luck to buy something with no off the shelf products
owell gonna have to be the pioneer i am :p

cheers themountain

hi im wondering what the major difference between the LIFAN 150cc and the YX 150cc(both fitted with daytona style side cover)

other than the slightly bigger stroke on the yx and the traditional finned side cover on yx they both look identical and nothing like the KLX STYLE(excuse my use of the letters klx lol)

atomik claim they are using yx race series 150cc with daytona cover and
my chinese counterpart has told me they are old engines??

whats the go as im confused and want to do some extensive engine work on 1 since i have 2 of them to spare

cheers and any help will be greatly appretiated

Both engines have a different cover, the Lifan cover is almost a 100% copy from the Daytona. Only Daytona have also a possiblity to connect a oil temperture meter on the side. The YX cover is more easy to check the oil because it have a dipstick on the side....

No, I am not mixed up with the YX engines, but I am a old man of course, and I had the first 4-Disc clutch in mind from Daytona, I did not know that they have changed the design for their new 5-Disc clutch cover...

It seems to be that "the daytona clutch" is something that not exists, it depends on which one you are talking about....

Now with the 5-Disc version they also have a dipstick indeed directed to the front, the yx one is directed to the side, but still.

If you look to the catalogue on the exploded view (second picture) then you can see that the cover (with number 5) is exactly the same shape/design as the lifan one and not the yx one.

Daytona and Lifan are using a M6 bolt on the left and right side from the kick start axle, YX don't have that.

Take a good look, you will see that the shape to connect the top cover (number 5) on the clutch cover is complete different at Yx and the same with Lifan and the Daytona(s).

p458.jpg

p459.jpg

Greetings,

Reggy

whatever dude...daytona had always this cover design..lol
But nice pictures and drawings...thanks

all i got to say is they are dud engines i think and mine is 1 headfuck after another

im gonna try and fix for new bike and still cant find neutral
i need help

nice diagrams for the steal :p

whatever dude...daytona had always this cover design..lol
But nice pictures and drawings...thanks

Well, here you met the hole in your knowlidge "dude".
I would appreciate it if you have really no clue about the tuning history from the mini 4 stroke bike that you don't give a reply on the message, leave it to people who do know...

To fill up the hole in your knowlidge, here is the picture from the first cover design from Daytona.
PS: Be carefull before you say "lol" ;-)

700-Daytona_4_disc_wet_clutch_lrg.jpg

well ..you needed a while to google that out...hahaha:p
and on the matter of Pitbikes...let me say : I certainly know a thing or two and I am pretty sure about the things I am doing...so lets not get personal, ok?:cool:

Last edited:
well ..you needed a while to google that out...hahaha:p
and on the matter of Pitbikes...let me say : I certainly know a thing or two and I am pretty sure about the things I am doing...so lets not get personal, ok?:cool:

Hmm, short memory aswell....
I wrote quote "and I had the first 4-Disc clutch in mind from Daytona, I did not know that they have changed the design for their new 5-Disc clutch cover..."

And let's say that at the time that i drove with that clutch, nobody had an idea what Google was... (founded in 1998)

I know David Blackwell from Monkeybike UK very well in person (for your knowlidge).

I have also a good relation with Yinxiang that you know as YX, Dirtmax and Lifan in Chongqing.
In 1998 I was the first distributor from Takegawa for the Benelux countries, so let's say that I know also a thing or two...

Personal?.. Never, waste of time!.. I go for the fact's, not for the b-shit...

Greetings,

Reggy

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back