YX/GPX 150 does not fit motovert.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bro move the breather and hit the frame with a hammer or if you are handy with a welder scollop a bit out and plate it,lifan 140's and yx 150's are soooo different keep the 150 itl be worth it

looking at the picture with the cradle problem the rear mount is way off... and looks like you wont even fit the carb on so i wonder wether you can change the top mount bracket to change the angle of the engine dropping the front might fix all probs... though that might change the cradle mounts toomuch ?? looks strange to me. i'll take some pics of mine for ya.

when i put mine in i started with the rear mounts the top then dealt with the peg mounts which was about 1mm out ... the head is lower than yours but the top mount brackets do seem to be in a different spot on the frame... hope it helps. love mine goes hard even with old carb on it

Attachments

• IMAGE_027.jpg
    IMAGE_027.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 39
hhhmmmm i was planing on sticking a yx150 or a lifan 150 in my vert pro while i repair my daytona engine......am i going to get these problems to

i got a gpx into a honda j1 frame ,was a tight fit but made it .had to grind about 2mm of the back or the frame where the bottom mount was but theres plenty of meat left

tho i spose a j1 frame doesnt have a cradle mount

you shouldnt really have any major problems roost666, i had problems but none major i piss farted around for prolly 6 hours with coolie and a slab but got it fitted still :) other than already posted issues i had the only one i havent resolved is the bash plate bracket isnt bolted up since the mount points on the engine was something like 20-30mm wider than the bash plate :) i'll get around to customing something up for it one day...

perhaps you can measure up the mounts on your frame b4 hand just in case ;)

Last edited:
Lifan 150 will fit fine. The problem with fitting the yx is the massive bulge tranny breather

i have just bought a GPX/YX 150 engine also and it struggles to fit in the cradle with the footpegs. and i also got given wiring harnesses and leads and i cant see where they fit into with all the other wires. i didnt know a 10cc upgrade would be such a big mission to put in.

why a zongshen? lifan 140 is the same price and way better track record, or are you getting a better deal on the zonger? I'd defiantly get rid of that yx 150, heard allot of bad stories about that one.

why a zongshen? lifan 140 is the same price and way better track record, or are you getting a better deal on the zonger? I'd defiantly get rid of that yx 150, heard allot of bad stories about that one.

Where do people get this crap from?? I have seen the amount of engines returned from 2 leading manufacturer's and I can tell you right now that TWICE as many lifans end up coming back than YX motors.

I have had 2 now and they have never skipped a beat. Each to their own though.

Where do people get this crap from?? I have seen the amount of engines returned from 2 leading manufacturer's and I can tell you right now that TWICE as many lifans end up coming back than YX motors.

I have had 2 now and they have never skipped a beat. Each to their own though.
i got 1 here that lunched it self ,out of my z50 with the center case mod also

pos yx shit boxs

i got 1 here that lunched it self ,out of my z50 with the center case mod also

pos yx shit boxs

Hahaha. I have two and put a crap load of hours on them. No problems what so ever. I'm just stating that in engine returns for 2 of the bigger pit bike dealers in the world, that they get a hell of a lot more Lifan motors returned than YX's.

could it be that there are a hell of a lot of lifans in the world compared to yx's .lol

there shit well the 08 1 are ,i'll stick wif lifan all day long had 2 sold 2 ,should have kept em both

could it be that there are a hell of a lot of lifans in the world compared to yx's .lol

there shit well the 08 1 are ,i'll stick wif lifan all day long had 2 sold 2 ,should have kept em both

Maybe maybe. :p

I rekon it's just a dud batch or 2 both ways. The early Lifans were really really bad. The YX had the infamous gearbox issues (yet I have an early yx motor and it works fine).

To be honest, taking the best of both worlds and making a decent motor based on both would be great.

here here cuz its like who came first i recon the chicken or the egg

could be argued till cows come home

looking for a 125 or 140 lifan cheeeep less than 290 or 390 ,no of any even secondhand

haha lifans are crap. My whole crankshaft and bearings and stator stuffed and i also had to spend money on new clutch aswell. ive fitted my gpx/yx and it is way more reliable and i treat it with care as i did with the lifan. sorry but i reckon the gpx's are better :)

Latest posts

Back