Yx possibilities

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazzy #1

Reaction score
Ok, so if recently aquired a yx (1p60fmk00901578) and am qurious about a few things.

1: is this a early or later model yx?

2: what could be the cause of a engine rattle, unsure if it's top or bottom however the engine starts runs and revs fine (I have a feeling it's excessive chain rattle)

3: ive found a lot of swarf on the magnetic drain plug, I'm unsure if the engine had much of a service history or if it existed, I know some swarf is acceptable however unsure if it was enough to worry about

4: there was a inline oil filter in the original oil cooler lines, I know most of these bigger displacement engines have them however is it necissary if the engine gets regular oil changes in the future?

Lastly, thanks for taking time out to read and reply to the following post

Cheers

Can answer a few of those questions...

3. Hey man... mine always has stuff on the sump bolt.. heeps of it too.. and I service my bike alot.. not a sign of a bad service history..

4. Keep the filter... whats the harm in having it? Worst case scenario it does nothing, best case, it extends engine life...

Thanks for the help, didn't answer my most important question...

However I've been doing abit of investigating, there seems to be nothing wrong at the cam chain side all the quides are intact, there's still quite a lot left in the cam chain tensioner! But unfortunately I ran out of time tonight and wasn't able to pull the clutch side cover off...

I've got a feeling it's the oil sling, may not be the case but I'm hoping so as this would be a easy fix... Will have a look tomorrow anyway.

Found the fault, removed the clutch side cover to realize that these engines arnt fitted with a oil slinger :)....

No fault found untill the motor rolled over slightly and the clutch fell out of the casing! Problem found (atleast I hope) the locking nut has stripped hence allowing the clutch to rattle around, giving off a shocking note!

Still unsure wether this is the primary cause but I'll put the donk back together and see how he runs after being fitted to my Mso

Last edited:
has anyone delt with Akunars bore/head kits for the yx/ho engines?

i have been sending and recieving emails from them descussing there kits

im going for a std set up for the moment, but am considering Akunars kits as i think they offer more then TB for alot less!

TB 184cc kit $850 or there abouts through dhz, includes head, bore, and carby

Akunar 200cc kit $550 or there abouts depending on the exchange rate, which includes head, bore and a genuine PE carb...

From what I've read about big bores is that 200 is just too big. It sound like your on a tight budget upgrading everything else or major repairs is not an option. Stick with a 180 or lower CC.

Someone with experience may add to this.. ..

Latest posts

Back