yx150cc engine mods??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainey

Reaction score
just wondering guys if you think or have put yx160 cranks in a 150yx, and what sort of increase in power if any it gives you, i have been reccomended by a shop to do this to my bike as it is pretty much converting it to a 160, as he saiid the only difference between the 150 and 160 is the crank, is this true guys.???

im also getting a new gear box for it, new bearings, anything else i should do aswell thanks guys, i dont wanna spend too much unless you want to give me your $900 ....lol

cheers guys

all up the shop is goin to charge like $350 all up for:

new gear box
bearings???......not 100% sure which bearings he was talking about
yx160 crank plus labour

also has anyone got a cheap exhaust the wanna sell me, im in adelaide but can pay postage thanks guys

yer the only difference is the Crank .

depends what they gonna charge for the crank and to fit it .... coz theres loads of bore kits you could use wich could be a cheaper method if you do it yourself which are real easy to do on them engines.

i got a complete top end for a yx150/60 engine if you need for $120 +postage BRAND NEW.

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure that the whole reason the YX150 is good is because of it's short stroke. So if you lengthen the stoke it might put out more power for a little while but will probly explode. There's heaps of better mods you can do other than increaseing the engine capacity. Porting, Cam, Pipe, Carb, etc.

i dont think that is why the 160's arnt as reliable , there just a bad batch of engines just like the newer 150's as well..

if you really wanna wake it up and keep it 150 get!!!

Classic Honda 50's Australia

go to china engine upgrades , and th V2 head upggrade!! good strong enngine and not so much a ticking time bomb

Last edited:
longer stroke = faster piston speeds...
also gives more torque, but the extra strain on the piston, crank bearings etc... somethings gotta give eventually... just think of 200 grams of aluminium, heated up as well, accelerating and deaccelerating 100 times a second(at 6000rpm)

reminds me that lengthening JUST the conrod(hard, cause then the cam chain needs lengthening as well as other things causing problems) results in more power.... something to do with the angle of the conrod as combustion pressure is applied to the piston... ie, an extreme angle, or short rod, tends to create sideways thrust, where the long rod is more thrust down...if i drew a picture it would be clearer...:p

its all in now just putting the plastics and shit on il let you guys know how i go with it all, ive been told its the best and cheapest way to get your 150 pulling like a 160

with the crank bearings , the mechanic replaced them with some aftermarket ones , bit more heavy duty same as what he runs and said its what you have to do to be safe. my 150 had sik tunning done by eddie from ciniworx, not sure if that carbie tune will be no worries with my 160, but hopefully cos the way the carbie was tuned helped heaps and seemed to go better than alot of my mates 150s and 160s., but time will tell

all up its cost me like

Latest posts

Back