yx160 atomik nitrous upgrade help.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twokool

Reaction score
hey guys,i bought a new atomik 160 nitrous and i want to make a decent bike out of it,ive already bought a oko 28mm race carby kit with 1/8th throttle, racing high rev cdi and coil pack and getting protaper bars and kenda carlsbad tyres but what else do i need im new to this stuff.

You'll need to do the appropriate engine work to take advantage of the carby... I recommend you read more of the forum before running out to buy more parts. If you can, swap the 28mm for a 26 ;)

Look into free performance mods like deburring the inside of your intake manifold and matching the intake to the carby adapter... The tech section will be your friend. You're going to have to do some reasonable engine work to take advantage of the bigger carby (otherwise you'll find it bloody hard to tune and it will likely never be right), start by looking at different heads + exhausts.

A rear shock wouldn't go astray (something from DNM or Factace), and change the oil in the forks for something a bit lighter to match. You can upgrade your forks too (if you're willing to commit the $400+), have a look around on here to see what people recommend.

You can look into different bolt on parts (ie, kick start lever, gear lever, brake/clutch levers etc) too... Do the basic stuff first, do all your research and get out and ride it before you decide what you'll need.

Good luck! :D

PS, make sure you do all the initial setup/greasing and run it in right too.

ahk 2kool,how would i run it in good?.whats the best way?

Just getting one this week

My new Atomik 160 Nitrous gets delivered Friday.

Any pointers / advice to run it in / get the best tuning out of it stock ?

I've got to 70cc already and was very impressed out of the box. My 9 year old loves it.

Cheers

Thommo

Latest posts

Back