z155 vs z160 ho engines

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crf50 2008

Reaction score
whats the difference between the two engines which ones better?
dhz sell the z160 ho on their site for $669
and sell the 155z for $399 starting bid on their ebay
they both look very similar whats better any defects been rectified etc?
what would you get?

new clutch cover with removable oil filter ....

and a extra plate in the clutch..

still both 155cc 55stroke/60mm bore

think the HO mite have a different cam and piston ... maybe

Depends how much cheaper you can get the Z.

If there isnt much difference i would go the new Ho

i think it has a better head on it as well to discourage ppl from the need to buy an aftermarket head

yer but its coming from pitster U.s

I remember them saying the same thing about the first z155 lol all the ports are the same as a +r head blah blah blah .. But there pretty much the same as a yx head.

and there still going on about the Ho having a close ratio box.... still bs

So just dont believe them i say..

bigger intake valve 28 to 29mm different cam grind also, same piston. they are $10 more from the z to the ho out of china. china cost on the 155z is 265 and 276 for the 155z ho.

not sure about the close ratio box woggy, i havent ridden the first 155z engine... but the ratios on the HO motor are tight, my Bling40 has a much wider ratio box than the HO...
The bling40 still kills the 155/160HO and the 175z for top speed, running same final gearing.... but then the zongers dont have a 10k redline... Bling40 does..

id like to reignite this debate if i could. i am trying to decide between these engines myself. Has anyone had anymore experience or any more info in the past couple of months?

lol its the best i got ..

really noone on here usually buys engines and starts digging into them to see what they find ..

If there was that much difference , you would no about it .. china likes to blow every little mod out of proportion ..

but really its the next model from the same manufacturer so its gonna have a few improvements here and there.

same bore same stroke, bigger intake valve, weaker valve springs, different cam grind and an extra plate in the clutch.

Latest posts

Back