Z160 HO vs Lifan 150

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mckenna22

Reaction score
Anyone know the difference besides the obvious displacement differences.
Looking to buy a new motor soon don't know which one to get.
Any info?

well the 155z is a little bit better in my personal apinion, little more power, better clutch, tho strengh about same, but if your thinking of buying the 155z to fit to a postiebike dont!, the breaver pipe block at the top of the engine dont clear the frame and its a BIG muck around trying to get it to seat rite, will cost you a heap time money an hassal oposed to puting a lifan/xy in, brackets can be purched from coffsmotorsports for $85 but wont work with the 155z as found out, just a heads up to any1 thinking of doing this as i wish i got the xy now.

The 160HO(155z) has a closer ratio box than the lifan 150, and the 155 has heaps more aftermarket bits and pieces(cam and head upgrades) i had a lifan 150 and it just lost 2nd gear altogether, so i stripped the engine and there was no prob, the gear selector tumbler had a notch in it and i was told there was quite a few people around with the same prob(and plenty of people that would never have had a problem), not wanting anymore dramas i purchased a 155z and 3yrs later and one top end rebuild it has been awesome and never looked back.

I'd defs got the GPX over lifan man, speaking from experience of having both, the GPX has a ton more power, de to the klx style head mainly. Also as far as reliability a stock GPX will last yonks man if you give it the proper treatment

You will enjoy it, wise choice

Latest posts

Back