Z160ho HD valve springs??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AntNZ

Reaction score
Hi, Does anyone know where I can get some HD valve springs that will fit the stock head on a z160ho??
I like the power the stock motor produces but it revs to valve float/bounce way too quickly.
Do the YX valve springs fit the zonga head, are they any better than the stock zonga springs??

Thanks

Yeah mate yx springs will fit, and are a little stiffer than the zonger ones.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Cheers, are they worth it you reckon?? will I gain enough revs to be worth changing them?

Would I gain more if I just put a whole YX head on??

I think the yx and zonger heads are pretty much the same apart from valve springs and exhaust port so you might as well just do the springs so you dont have to change exhaust header or run the adapter. While you have the head off do some research on porting and get stuck into the ports with a dremel..
As another option, you could try and get the springs out of a tb v2 head...

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

My v2 head has only done 2 hrs on my other bike so I wont be stealing them just yet!! lol

I have a brand new zonga head which was replaced with the v2 so i'll whip them springs out(if its that easy) and replace with YX ones. I ordered the springs last night from china $13nzd with free shipping so nothing to lose.
My father has a compressor run dremel so might have a crack at opening it up a bit.

I'm surprised there aren't any hd springs for the zongas since it's common knowledge that stock springs are soft.
Is it worth looking at a better cam than the stock one?

cheers

Latest posts

Back