z50 problem w/indicators

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leimoto23

Reaction score
Hey people,

Here's the deal, my brand new z50 40th anniversary edition has a problem with the rear indicators and the headlight. When switching on either the right or left indicator, both the rear indicators come on at the same time. The headlight works but the switch that operates the high and low beam seems to be stuck.
Any help/advise would be much appreciated
cheers

hows the front indicators? theres a problem in the wiring harness, something joint to what it shouldnt be...

the basic wiring is usuall grey from the flasher, to the switch, that then switches from orange or blue for left and right...those are the standard colours on all bikes, but arent always... anyway, it sounds like somewhere theyve been connected straight to the grey wire from the flasher....

headlight switch...are you game to pull it apart?

both problems should be covered under a warranty of some sort, and the guy that registered it and sent it to you should have checked this out.... so, make him fix the problems at HIS expense(warranty or not)... or get nasty on his arse.... cus it is a defect you shouldnt have. very dodgy... the fact that he HASNT checked leaves him open to all sorts of legal action....

hows the front indicators? theres a problem in the wiring harness, something joint to what it shouldnt be...

the basic wiring is usuall grey from the flasher, to the switch, that then switches from orange or blue for left and right...those are the standard colours on all bikes, but arent always... anyway, it sounds like somewhere theyve been connected straight to the grey wire from the flasher....

headlight switch...are you game to pull it apart?

both problems should be covered under a warranty of some sort, and the guy that registered it and sent it to you should have checked this out.... so, make him fix the problems at HIS expense(warranty or not)... or get nasty on his arse.... cus it is a defect you shouldnt have. very dodgy... the fact that he HASNT checked leaves him open to all sorts of legal action....

The front indicators are fine, just the rear ones are causing the issue. and no, I don't trust myself in pulling things apart. Everything is tucked away neatly under the seat. For the headlight switch how would I fix it? there's a screw but i think that leads to the brake arm.
cheers

Last edited:

see above. thats all i can suggest...:) specially the legal action part....

the basic requirements of registration are that all lights operate correctly... they dont. hence, the guy that sold it/registered it can lose his license for doing rego checks...

ie, get on the phone and casually mention this if he isnt willing to fix it AT HIS OWN EXPENSE.

I took it to a guy I know, (works at ultratune, heavily into bikes) he said that because the rear lights are rubber mounted it wasn't grounding properly. He made up a grounding strap and now it works. As for the headlight, I did take those screw out and the the switch assembly opened up, there was a piece of glue gun cartridge? jamming the switch I just removed that and it works now.

He also said he's going to open the engine, apparently for this bike to comply they fit a casting of some sort inside the engine to limit it to 50kms. He said he will grind it out free of charge rather than me buying a new 125cc.

Latest posts

Back