Z50R wont start

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

besty

Reaction score
Hi guys. Im really new to this kinda stuff so any help would be great! I got a Z50R from my grandpa(used as a golf Buggy) worked for a few mins, then died, found out the tank had rusted, got a new tank, cleaned inside carby, didn't put it back together right, fixed that now when u go to start it, its kicks over and dies. If u start with full throttle it revs then just dies. any thoughts or points in right direction?? thanks

might need to put a kit through the carby or you might get away with a clean and tune

As I mentioned, very new to this. what do mean by a kit? just a cleaning kit. Sorry for been so naive about it all!

does it stay alive when you keep reving it? but then when you let off the throttle it dies?

Agh, thanks Custom, ill look into it.

Sidney, no it still dies, its like theres not enough fuel or air getting in to keep it going, if cleaned the air filter on it as well.

hmmmmm. Are you experienced at oiling filters at all? You could have oiled it too much? Make sure theres nothing in the fuel line too.

I'm not %100 if the wiring looms are the same as a CRF50, but is there a bolt above the air filter on the frame? On mine there is the ground wire conneceted to the bolt, mine didn't run properly once because I forgot to tighten that bolt up when I took off the airbox. Make sure its on properly.

yeh there is a ground wiring there and that is still connected and bolt is tight.

ok, update. its now idling good and not dying, but as soon as u give it any throttle it revs for about a sec then dies..

hard should it be to blow air from the fuel line from the tank into the carby?

throw a pic up of ya z
as for your problem i reckon you might have a bit off dirt in your jets
have a search for carby clean and you should find a video or more info on how to go about cleaning your carb to it's full extent
also check your spark plug
good luck

if you need more info just ask

thanks for that. yeh iv pulled the sparky out and gave it a bit of a clean and all seems ok. ill have a look into the carby cleaner and see how that goes! thanks again

It will most likley be a blocked jet in the carby. I would leave the eletrics alone (if the bike starts then the wiring will be OK).

yeh it starts ok, now its not idling. tomorrows task is to go and get some carby cleaner, pull it apart and give it a good spray!

may be a stupid question, but can u remove the cable going to the throttle from the carby? if so how???

Yes you can. usually you just undo the cap and pull it out. You dont need carby cleaner. Just take the bowl off and remove the jets and give them a blow out (dont shove anything in them) until you can see thru them. If there is crap in the carby you should install a fuel filter and flush out the tank.

Latest posts

Back