Zongshen 155z z160ho situation

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XXX-747

Reaction score
ok guys im still unsure with the whole 155z 160ho deal is :confused-smiley-013
I get that it goes by the bore size with the 160 is actually 155.7cc and the 155z is 155cc but what I cant understand is my engine is suppose to be a z160ho bla blah blah but has 155z stamped on it did I get the wrong engine or something or em I just to dumb to figure out that there both the same engine hahaha :hmmm:

ok guys im still unsure with the whole 155z 160ho deal is :confused-smiley-013
I get that it goes by the bore size with the 160 is actually 155.7cc and the 155z is 155cc but what I cant understand is my engine is suppose to be a z160ho bla blah blah but has 155z stamped on it did I get the wrong engine or something or em I just to dumb to figure out that there both the same engine hahaha :hmmm:
They are the same motor thez155 was first and runs a oil slinger
The zho was next it has oil filter not the oli slinger
Take a photo of the rite hand side case of your motor sum one will tell u wat u have

If its got 155 on it then its a 155 mate, did the person selling you the bike tell you it was a 160ho?

Don't worry the 155z is a sweet engine! Its got a Daytona clutch, and I've been told from a good source that it has a close ratio gearbox, better than the 160Ho. Whack a 26mm Oko on her with a quarter turn throttle... Happy days!! :)

brought it from dhz invoice says z160ho when I get home ill take a pic

QTY CODE NAME UNIT PRICE TAX SUBTOTAL
1 EN-09 New 2013 PitsterPro z160 HO Engine, 6 Plate HD Clutch, Rotor Kit Support Lighting & Battery Charging
Serial # 8D800231

There 155z motors in a couple of disguises. Its zongshens way of stopping sales going to the yx mob due to the fact zongshen hadnt got a genuine 160. Even though a yx 160 will go out to a 184 with the big bore and a 155z/160ho out to a 177 with the big bore id still rather a 155 as they are a beautiful thing lol. The gears are great but each to there own. But I love all my 155 ive had. So thanks zongshen for the confusion but a zonger 160 does not exist unless you modded a piston to fit other than a 64mm kit.

If it aint broke, break it.

Last edited:
There 155z motors in a couple of disguises. Its zongshens way of stopping sales going to the yx mob due to the fact zongshen hadnt got a genuine 160. Even though a yx 160 will go out to a 184 with the big bore and a 155z/160ho out to a 177 with the big bore id still rather a 155 as they are a beautiful thing lol. The gears are great but each to there own. But I love all my 155 ive had. So thanks zongshen for the confusion but a zonger 160 does not exist unless you modded a piston to fit other than a 64mm kit.

Thanks for clearing that up Mick Chicken!
I second that, 155 FTW!

Haha mick chicken. Thanks katie lol. Mwah

Latest posts

Back