04 crf250x no power from battery

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmadden91

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just picked up a 2004 crf250x, When I turn the ignition on I get nothing, no lights or anything, like the battery is shot. I charged the battery and tested it and it is holding a charge no problem. When I start the bike I have all lights etc running.

I have power to the starter relay, and when I short it out the e start works fine. The button on the bars doesnt though.. I have power to the lighting relay behind the light, and when I disconnect and reconnect the loom at the starter relay I can hear the lighting relay click on and off..

Any ideas what I should be looking for? I have checked the fuses at the starter and lighting relay, have I missed any others? Im downloading a manual now so I can have a look at some diagrams. Im thinking a faulty relay somewhere? Or ignition barrel?

EDIT: I have power at the key switch, and when I turn it on it completes the circuit, so the problem is elsewhere

Thanks guys

there should be a connection from the starter relay to the starter button. unplug it and short the wires out and see if it turns the engine over, if it doesn't then the starter button may be faulty..

its not uncommon for people to rewire the starter button using a normal kill switch as the button..

Cheers mate Ill try that, the reason I had somewhat ruled that out was I dont get anything when I turn the ignition on, like there's no power at all

I have power at my starter button, I have three wires running into it, Red/Yellow, Blue/White, Blue/Black/White Squares. The one with the squares is live, What do I short it too to bypass the switch? I tried both didnt seem to do anything..

6092555642_fc4f1ea0f3.jpg

Last edited:
hmm, just realized what your pm was all about lol...

anyways, the connection im talking about should be a 2 wire connection coming straight out of the starter relay connecting to the starter button.. disconnect them and arch them out. if nothing happens then chances are the relay is shot..

bring it down sometime if you want me to sus it out..

Latest posts

Back