1/4 throttle

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20g

Reaction score
Brought a quarter turn throttle and put it on it now makes my bike conq out when its in low revs trying to go to higher revs(pinning the throttle) I've tried adjusting the carby and still doesn't seem to stop it any one know how I can fix it ?

have you adjusted the throttle cable and/or is it the correct length throttle cable?

If your carb isnt tuned right it will do that..... Being 1/4 turn you should only need to slowly. See if that helps.
1/4 turn throttle is not going to make your bike faster.

i just bought a 2nd hand bike and i am having the same problem, not sure what type of throttle i have though.

Yeah the cable length seems to be alright but I might buy new cable and re do it all. It just seems to come on to fast that it just seems to not cope

Yeah the cable length seems to be alright but I might buy new cable and re do it all. It just seems to come on to fast that it just seems to not cope

thats what a 1/4 throttle does mate..

what engine do you have?

and can you show us what throttle you bought!!

you need to learn to roll on the throttle and not just whack it to WOT

I bought a new cable and when I got it and cut the cable so it would fit it's just a stock standard quarter turn throttle don't think they really differ much? Yeah I dont just whack it to wot! It's a bit hard when you come outa a jump into another and your committed and your bike just dies on ya mate! Doesn't tickle at all! Took the carby all apart cleaned all the jets and that didn't really do much either

well a carb tune is the only thing that will help you.. or carb upgrade (pe24mm)

but your still not going to get what you want.. it will always be slow to rev

Yeah I thinking if I can't tune it right maybe bigger carby it just dies in the arse once you go from full throttle and let it sorta sit then quickly give it some it doesn't seem to go! Thanks though

Latest posts

Back