105.3mph GPS but.....................

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkfinch23

Reaction score
i don't know how much power this thing was making, but it damn sure wasn't under 20..... i had a time with the jetting because it was running out of fuel... my mistake, so i adjusted the floats, and bingo.. the bike pulled hard all the way to 100 or so then started to head shake a little......... then blammy, she went south...... note, this was still all motor no NOS. it blew the top 2 cylinder studs and tore copper head gasket. not bad for a days work

Picture252.jpg

Picture253.jpg

Last edited:
DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah baby, now that is OOOMHP!

Would be interesting to know how you are prepping your studs, if at all, and the dimensions and fit of componants. I have some ideas on guarding against this.

Hi rkfinch23.Have you thought of O'ringing the cyl or cyl head with wire.I know it can be a pain to set up for a one off job and all but it certainly cures the head gasket "blammys" unless lean offs situations[As you had!] or pre-ignition occur.We use the O'ring setup on some Car race engines.Of course you guys do the same in the USA as well !!!.

Cheers Brian

The gasket only let go 'cause of the studs pulling I think. He has been boring those cases out to fit big pistons and it doesn't leave much in the stud area.

Yes Mack .The photo is real blurry but it certainly looks loike the stud has pulled judging by the exposed threads.There is'nt enough metal on the cyl wall side to give any support to a stud.The same thing happens with Factory Cast Iron Chev small blocks that are Re-sleeved or pushed too hard..Perhaps it would be possible to offset the stud hole outwards by at least 1mm or 2 on another crankcase of course.Could TIG weld and fill the damaged hole but the casting and filled area would be too soft after the repair I reckon.Better to get another case and start again ??!!

rkfinch23 whatcha say Dude ??

Cheers Brian

Well how about sourcing some cases from the factory in an undrilled state?
On top of that using shorter skirt pistons so the sleeve can be shortened and so the cases bored to this shorter depth. Because of the shorter length and also if bored for an interferance fit a thinner skirt could be trialed.

Mack.That sounds good.JE in the USA are happy to make "one off" forged short skirt pistons at a fair price !!..Just got to be real careful using a short skirt piston in a long stroke motor,lottsa piston rock,the rings would need to be ultra narrow barrel face suckers.

Bad luck m8 sad to see all that work go down the drain but you know what they say Shit happens as long as you have lernt something from it and no one got hurt its all good except the bank balance goood to see you trying
Cheers m8 well done

next bullet in the chamber is the 185cc........ i'll have it in there this week.

Pure entertainment.

Go hard rkfinch, I have not been this entertained in ages. Who know's maybe one day we can register these little monsters and put some fun back in the streets. Can't wait to see the 185 shot out the barrel, hopefully without self destructing., Good luck.

hey kenny where are you getting your sleeves from these days? Still using 110 sleeves or Akunar's?

Latest posts

Back