110 3 valve Quad

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hilli32

2014 VCM A Grade Champion
Reaction score
so the story began quite some time ago back about 2 years ago i got my first quad. it was just a rolling frame. i wacked a 110 3 valve motor that was no good for a 2 wheeler as the engine cases are broken and smashed beyond repair where it mounts. anyway now u no how she came into the world i shall tell you of some of the adventures and upgrades as they happen.

this is what she sort of used to look like... but alot more trashed and blue
110ccKidsQuadATV-Red.JPG

then i started modding it
0627111340-00.jpg

some bits and pieces
0627111340-01.jpg

for ages it had a broken ignition... (still wonders me why they put it right in the chain smashing zone!) but finally got a newy and she runs really good

i used to ride it to do dounuts and skids but the motor isnt proply in line so the chain keep coming off so i use it for enduro and slow... also this is how she stands now riding.
0709111713-00.jpg

i decided today to give her a good run
the plan... ride 1km up hill on an overgrown mountain bike trail
go back into our property and ride around some dams and paddocks.
yeah BAD idea
even after checking everything from fuel to wheel tightness.
i began my journey but it was just too hard on the motor on the wa up the hill and he got a bit to hot...i just cruzed the padocks to help it recover i even did a creek crossing to help it cool down LOL how nice am i :)
but ever since i got back it has a weird sound that sounds as though there is metal shavings floating around somewhere mmmmmmm had a scratch of my head and as it had probly got something in the carby from the creek i started to invesrtigate. i pulled the carby apart but there was nothing going on... it all went back together perfect but when i started it it kept on bogging out.
going to have another look tomorrow but yeah

keep u updated :)

went out this morning to have a tinkle with it but could not get it started not even roll start mmmm.
so chucked it up on the stand and took the airfilter off and got rid of the goowy petrol/water that often sits under the butterfly choke clip. and checked the fuel flow all good... now had t check the spark yeah not so much it had not much every now and then also there was some grit on the end of the plug. so i cleaned it and wacked it back in, gave it a start and it fired first kick... well ill be darned!!! i think i need a new plug or something
What else could be wrong???

Really love this idea!
I have been thinking of doing it with my 3 valve I just need to find a cheap enough donor quad to make one. Dont feel like paying for a brand newy just to rip the engine out anyway....

Most likely you have some water in your carb, it has happind from me trail riding several times.

Remove your carby and pull it apart you should see the water in the fuel bowl as it does not mix with petrol. clean it out put it back on and she'll be right. My 3 valve is 6 years old and is very reliable always starts 1st or 2nd kick and the carb isnt tuned that well either.

Good luck on the build, I'll be watching this space!!

Sam93.

yeah mate the biggest problem with these motors in quads is the kick start hitst really bad on the wheel so sometimes its really hard to start cos u only have 1/4 of the kick
there really fun though they just need to be about 10cm higher as they sometimes catch on the rear disk gaurd

im pretty sure the motor was running **** cos i got it too hot. 1st gear for a k flogging it up hill... wont do that again.

If you ride it threw water when its really hot it might cool it down to much and crack something , also why are there 2 petrol tanks ? is the one on the back a back up or reserve tank?

Last edited:
i wouldnt be too worried about water cracking something,
enduro bikes are a;ways crossing rivers, creeks, in the mud , rain etc etc , doesnt hurt them.
getting water into the electrics is another story though, use lots of dielectric grease, it'll keep out the water, dirt and corrosion.

im not sure on why he's using 2 petrol tanks either?
maybe he goes out riding for hours at a time?

im not sure on why he's using 2 petrol tanks either?
maybe he goes out riding for hours at a time?

Damn you got good eyes lad, maybe the extra tank is like a camelbak or hes runn'n a moonshine racket.:hail:

the one between my knees is just for looks... i have a 125 zonshen in it now and i only have one tank, it doesnt go for the long rides in the country anymore just putt around home

my chain always used to come off and since i put a new chain on its ok. i run it really tight too so it doesnt have movement to come off at all

the one between my knees is just for looks... i have a 125 zonshen in it now and i only have one tank, it doesnt go for the long rides in the country anymore just putt around home

my chain always used to come off and since i put a new chain on its ok. i run it really tight too so it doesnt have movement to come off at all

Ive seen bearings and gears destroyed even cracked cases thru tight chains, just be careful mate.

yeah i think its alright i only putt around in 1st 2nd and the rear has hardly any suspension anyway

you should find a 2 stroke 80cc motor and put them in that... thing would haul.. cool build though

Latest posts

Back