110 auto engine noise

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstcraig

Reaction score
Gday All Got a 110cc semi auto quad for the kids about a week ago set it up changed the oil and tightened everything , so far its done maybe 2hrs running time with the throttle restricter wound a fair way in for the kids but it has developed a rattle or knock when you accelerate and the centi clutch takes up sounds like a big end to me but not familiar with these chinese motor/ gearbox set ups anyone had a similar issue ? any comments would be appreciated :confused:

it sounds like you have a serious problem with the clutch. Just take it back to the store you got it from and they should be able to sort it out under warranty.

Hello all its been awhile but the noise problem wasnt a clutch issue after all ,much thanks to the staff at motoworks where I purchased the quad replacement parts were shipped quickly upon request too bad I was on the track anyway the issue ended up being the cam chain which let go at jst over idle, so becarefull when diagnosing engine noise they arnt where you may think

yep noise can travel inside an engine.

so you saying the cam gear come loose? which would make sense cause the bolts would be hitting the cam gear cover..

Pretty much thats what happened but the noise was only there on load up that was why the mechs and myself were thinking clutch you live and learn I guess

always start with the simplest things first...clutch would have been the first thing i looked at too :)

glad to hear you got it sorted mate, kids would be stoked!

Hey

My uncle has a husky TE 610 and he had some engine noise. Now i know that a husky 610 is way different than a 50cc but most engines have the same parts. Buts some engines are more complicated ( the husky). He got a quote that it was the big end bearing and it was $3000 for the part plus the laybor with is $1500. It turns out it was the clutch nut. these make a knocking noise if they dont have the right tention. It turned out costing him $125.

Saves a S*** load of money, this is why it pays to get a second quote when getting work done on a bike.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Jono

Last edited:
Hey

My uncle has a husky TE 610 and he had some engine noise. Now i know that a husky 610 is way different than a 50cc but most engines have the same parts. Buts some engines are more complicated ( the husky). He got a quote that it was the big end bearing and it was $3000 for the part plus the laybor with is $1500. It turns out it was the clutch nut. these make a knocking noise if they dont have the right tention. It turned out costing him $125.

Saves a S*** load of money, this is why it pays to get a second quote when getting work done on a bike.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Jono

ouch someone trying to stitch your uncle up.. 3000 is about 10 times over priced and 1500 in labour..far out

jono ure not a bike genius ure a cool guy, never mind me im a spaztastic retard

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers hillz for that clean up.
I know my uncle had it booked in to get it fixed, for $4500 and then someone gave him this guys number. All good now, sorry for this Thread jacker, "Crazy 4 50s:.

Hey

Hope this helps.

Cheers Jono

LMAO 3000K for a big end bearing thats crap, i used to sell bearings, the last bearing i sold was a big end bearing for a RMZ450, sold it for $7.50 INC

LMAO 3000K for a big end bearing thats crap, i used to sell bearings, the last bearing i sold was a big end bearing for a RMZ450, sold it for $7.50 INC

i wouldnt use that bearings for 7.50 lol

i hole OEM rod kit is like $700 hahaha 3k my ass

im guessing the 3k also included a re-ring and full gasket kit and oil and coolant but still shouldnt come anywhere near 3k for parts..

also id bet my lefty that if he went ahead and got this 4.5k repair done that the shop wouldnt ring him back once locating a loose clutch nut...

Yeah he was saying $3500 just for the part. (deffinate)
If he went ahead with that and then they found out that the knocking noise wasnt the problem do you reckon they would of refunded the laybor fees?

Huskys are known for there knocking noise, Most people that have these bikes say its the same noise they are hearing. (huge manifacturing floor) hahah

I think there would be heaps of people with huskies that have the same problem and they get sucked in like my uncle nearly was.

well any big block moto engine will have noise..

the usual noise is back lash on the crank and clutch gears...

yzf/wrf 450's are known for it.. in neutral idling there fairly knocky, but just pull the clutch in and the noise reduces..

but far out 3.5k JUST for the part...thats ridiculous..

this is what i ment in my previous post.. they would have to pull the clutch apart anyways to get to the bigend(whole engine has to be disassembled), so they more than likely would of found the clutch nut loose and still went ahead and fixed it as quoted..
so they would of been in a win win situation unless they fuked something else

Yeah man i know $3500 for just a bearing is sooooo dear.
My uncle was thinking about parting out the bike. but now its all good.

Latest posts

Back