110 quad headache

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cordogs

Reaction score
Ok so I've got this bloody quad right!

Soooo some of ya'll will remember this happening.

Yep, so I called my local garage door guy for help cause roller doors now scare the hell out of me! (Don't judge, I dare you to undo the fastening bolts on your roller door whilst it's rolled down! ;))
So Ol mate rolls over and with the help of my neighbour, a mate and his dad we got the roller door sorted. Whilst enjoying a few end of job beers Ol mate notices my mini's sitting at the back of the shed and basically falls in love with my lil 110 China. He tells me he recently did a job for a bloke for swaps for a Atomik 110 qaud! A beat up, neglected and bright pink girls quad he had hoped to give to his son for his birthday.

Enter the proposal

So Ol mate say's " Hey I notice you don't have an electric motor for your door yet! Reckon you could fix up the quad like the 110 for a roller door motor?"

Now at first I was like not a chance in hell! The man hours alone would easily pay for motor without parts, but hey I'm a reasonable man so we keep talking and long story short (we'll sort of) ^^^ :) we sort out a deal for a semi pimp quad for a roller motor.

Here's where my headache begins.....

I assumed the qaud was working, a mistake I now regret badly. These quads have a mountain of wiring on them, especially this Pos cause it has some sort of alarm on it on it that I later found out draws constant power from the battery, running it flat within a few days!
So after a few carby cleans, new battery, spark plug, cdi, valve adjustment I've now managed to pull the bloody wires out the back of the ignition plug and can't for the life of me figure out the correct order? After endless searching of the interweb I think I've got it sorted, yet still no start! :cursing:

So I put it to you spanner spinners, wtf isn't this thing starting? I'm assuming it's this bloody alarm thing, because when I hook up the battery it makes a "click" noise and then shortly after another. I'm unsure what that means?? But I'm guessing it's bad...
A friend of mine told me I can bypass it by cutting the pink and yellow wire n bridging them?? Honestly the wire loom going to it looks like it's come out of a car, plus I'd like to keep it completely standard if possible...

Any help will be much my appreciated, cheers boys!

Where the alarm plugs into the main loom does it have 6 wires in a 9 terminal plug/socket?
a pink, a black w/white stripe, a red, a black, a green and a red w/white stripe

I cant really see that colour combination of wires, mind you I haven't completely removed the harness and would prefer not to! :)

I thought it also might be worth a mention that it had a parental rip cord at the back, which I unclipped and binned. Maybe this could be an issue? But it was starting before the battery issue so I'm not sure what I've done? Note: I haven't touched the loom at all.

Anyway here's a picture of the loom.

With the rip cord kill switch, you'll need to bridge the 2x wire's so it'll have power there.

You mentioned bridging the yellow and pink wire's above.
I reckon it should be the pink and black w/white wire's that need bridging at the alarm wiring.

Does it need the brake held on for it to start ?
Sometime's there is a switch there, sometime's it's just for a rear brake light though.

Have you checked for power coming off the start button, it run's down to the starter solenoid and goes to a small terminal.
There might be another small terminal that run's off the solenoid to earth too.

There shouldn't be any ticking when you turn the ignition on either, unless it's from the alarm box.

Yeah it's the alarm box that's making the ticking noise.
And yeah it would be the wires you mentioned above, I knew it was a pink wire wasn't certain if he said yellow or not?

Can you remember what colour the rear kill switch wires were because I only have plugs now and there are 3 of them at the back. Obviously one is the rear light, I'd prefer to keep the wire cutting to a minimum is all.
Haven't checked the solenoid wires yet, was hoping it was going to be an easy fix. You know, one of my "doh" moments! :)

This thing was supposed to leave tomorrow? Can't wait to see this thing gone.....

Tail light wiring on mine is Yellow w/green stripe and a green.

Do you have a 9 terminal plug coming off the alarm box ?
It look's like this

You need to link the pink wire and the black w/white wire to delete the alarm
My loom has a bypass plug in it connecting the pink and black w/white wire's

The rear pull safety cut out switch, does your's have 2 wire's or 4 at the socket?
Mine has 4 wires off the main loom into a 4 terminal socket

To bypass that one you need to join the red and the black wire's
Mine has been bypassed by the previous owner

Last edited:
Hey Craig I'm still struggling with this wire setup, I'm not sure how to bridge that ripcord wire? I tried bridging it and it kept blowing fuses? I even tried routing it straight back to the battery with no luck?

Any ideas?

Sorry, we went out for tea, just got back home.
Are the 4 wire's the same colour ?
Can you see where the pink wire goes to ?
I'll dig that loom out again and see if i can suss it out for you

Lol no need to apologise dude, there's two -two wire plugs and a three wire plug which is the rear light.

Thinking about setting fire to it tbh! :frustrated:

Did you jump the 2x wire's to the remote/alarm wiring and unplug the box?

What colour wire's are the 2x 2 terminal plug's ?
Is there a black w/white and a ?

Yep, B/W and a green and a green n red. The green and red wired plug was the one I'm assuming was connected to the rip cord. The only reason I chose that one was because I originally thought it was the latter and I always get 50% choices wrong! ;)

I would think the black w/white and the green is the kill switch wiring.
but seeing that there's only the 2 wire's, a kill switch would bridge (join) the 2 and earth out the cdi in turn killing the spark.
So unplugging the switch shouldn't affect it starting ?

Is there a key ignition ?
And a separate start button ?
On the starter motor solenoid, there should be a big red wire from the battery + going in one side and out the other then down to the starter motor.
There will also be 1 or 2 smaller wire's going to the solenoid too
One of those smaller wire's should become live (12v +) when the start button is pushed (the yellow w/red stripe wire)
The other small wire is yellow w/green stripe that is an earth.

Is there a switch under the front brake lever with 2 wire's going to it ?
If so what colour's are the wire's ?

There is an on/off ignition , and a switch under the brake. Not sure what colour the wires are? Will check it out when I get home. There's also a separate start button just underneath the kill switch too.

Is there a green wire leading to a lighter and container of fuel?
If it's green then green means go, so do as it says and burn the sucker lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try holding the brake on and hitting the start button
If that does nothing check for power at the solenoid like i said above.
The solenoid's can be fixed if it's not working, they get dirty contact's inside.

I dont no if china quads have them, but my nephews suzuki quad refused to turn over, I ended up finding a circuit breaker box under the rear guard that needed to be reset. Any chance it could be something similar?

The 2x loom's i have here have a white plastic fuse holder that's it

Well it turns out it was starter relay or plug? Something to do with the starter anyways! ;)

Only problem now is olmate isn't returning my calls about coming to pick it up? Won't be all bad I suppose, the young fella loves it! :)

Latest posts

Back