110cc loncin kids quad bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracy

Reaction score
my son has a 110cc loncin quad which has stopped charging from the internal charging unit or alternator, the battery will charge no problem from an external battery charger when attached directly onto the battery. i have no idea where to find the alternator or charging unit that charges the quad as it is running. i have went to a bike shop to ask for info on this problem but they couldnt help me as they do not deal with this model. I really hope u can give me some information to help me as my 7yr old son is so disappointed that it wont keep its charge for as long as it did when he plays on the beach if it is not charged fully before he goes
thanks in advance for any help
tracy

So does the engine :

A) Die and stall when the battery runs out while he's riding it ? ... Which indicates that either the stator isn't producing any power OR a wire has a bad connection or is unplugged/broken ...

OR:

B) It won't restart via the electric starter due to the battery losing power (after deliberately stopping it) ? ... So the stator could still be producing power but you have no means of starting it ? ... (if it's electric start only and full auto) ...

The second case indicates that there's a problem with the charging system ... ie the AC to DC rectifier ...

Here's a link to wiring diagrams :

Hooper Imports Experts on Chinese Motorcycles and Parts, Engines

The stator/flywheel are on the LH side of the crank case under the removable flywheel cover ...

Latest posts

Back