110cc quad bike "elstar dinosaur"

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rikchick

Reaction score
Hey guys,

We have this little quad we've had for the kids for a few years, it's in dire need of a new battery to start it, when I went into eBay and searched for the battery model it came up with 0 results, but when I search for 110cc quad battery, it comes up with loads. My question is, does the model number matter or can I just get another battery the same voltage and size?

uploadfromtaptalk1405755201720.jpg

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Cool, thanks heaps, I was actually looking at the gel ones wondering if I could use them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sweet, hooked up the new gel battery on it tonight and cleaned and tuned the carby for a ride tomorrow, it has been running a but rough and the wheels kept turning when not in the accelerator (it's a thumb press) so I tuned the carby a bit, the higher the idle speed the more the wheels spin on their own.... So got to a point where it's heaps better, probably won't take off without the kids on the back now!

But while I was doing that I noticed a clunking sound from the front sprocket..... Checked the chain and it was ok not knocking on anything, and then realised it's the sprocket itself making the noise as it spins, it's a bit loose. I d a quick go at tightening the bolts on it to no avail.... And thought maybe I need a special tool or something to tighten the centre bit????

I took a photo to show u what I mean :)

etyzunad.jpg

Any help would be appreciated....

Also I could not find a fuel tap on the fuel tank of this little beast, so lost about a litre of petrol onto the garage floor when trying to take the carby off..... I had pans to catch it, but somehow most of the fuel missed the pans.... :/ Grrrrr is this unusual? Is it something I can install myself?

is it a full auto? eg no gear lever ?
if so, then yeah higher idle means the clutch is starting to grab and want's to take off.

one of these will fix the no fuel tap problem
6mm Inline Fuel Tank TAP Filter Pet**** Switch PIT PRO Quad Dirt Bike ATV Buggy | eBay

the sprocket might be worn on it's splines, possibly the retainer plate too ?
see the chain in your picture, the pin above the r/h sprocket bolt is sitting a touch lower than the one to its' left, and the one to its' right.
that means there is a stiff link, it might have been sitting around for a long time after it's got wet etc and rusted a bit in the join

take the chain off and check them out.
might be able to soak the chain in petrol etc, clean it up, and re-oil it. it might come good ?

Last edited:
Hey my67xr, yeah it's a full auto. So yeah that answers what I was suspecting.

That fuel tap looks like a great idea, im going to order one now!

Ok, with the sprocket, I can actually see the whole thing wobbling side to side when the bike is running, I'll take the chain off and soak it and lube it up and see how it all goes...

Latest posts

Back