110cc timing

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deucekoop

Reaction score
I am putting the head back on my 110cc motor I took the timing chain sprocket off the camshaft when i dismantled it. I have know idea how to set up the timing and the site in the how to section does not really - im having trouble understanding it

get the motor at TDC, piston at the top, with the timing mark on the flywheel pointing straight up to 12 o'clock,
then the cam gear has a pointer at one tooth, this points to 9 o'clock

Firstly take the ignition cover off the engine. Turn the flywheel around until the letter T lines up with the small groove above the flywheel. This is T.D.C on your crankshaft . Then with your top valve cover off with a light check that the 2 cam lobes are facing towards the piston. In this position you should be able to line up the cam sprocket holes up with the cam holes and there is a small circle or arrow on the cam sprocket that should line up with a V groove at the 9 o'clock position on the head. Before fitting the sprocket to the cam,fit the timing chain to the cam sprocket then to the camshaft and then fit the bolts and tighten. Just make shore that you keep the T on the bottom of your engine lined up when you install the cam sprocket and chain to the camshaft. It would be good to check the valve clearances at this time there is a tutoral on this site on how to do this. I hope this helps you. I have done this many times but this is the first time i have had to explain it so i hope it is clear if anyone else would like to add to this they are welcome.

Last edited:
This is the timing marks on the camshaft sprocket, note how the three bolts are sitting, that way you cant have the timing out 180 degrees.
images

This is the timing marks for the flywheel, as long as the flywheel and the camshaft sprocket marks are aligned with the chain on then your timing is set
img0247s.jpg

Hey i was trying to set it with the magneto off and did not see the marks Thanks for the photos.Because i took the cam sprocket off i am still confused with what you are saying

I have the crankshaft lined up on the t and the camshaft is between lobes is that right

This is the timing marks on the camshaft sprocket, note how the three bolts are sitting, that way you cant have the timing out 180 degrees.
images

This is the timing marks for the flywheel, as long as the flywheel and the camshaft sprocket marks are aligned with the chain on then your timing is set
img0247s.jpg

See the cam sprocket picture, that explains how it should sit while the magneto is on the T

Thanks for yor response to this amateur Where is thetiming chain adjuster as i am having a real problem putting the cam sprocket and chain on

there is a bolt on the bottom/underneath of the motor, just back from the crank line
undo it and it will spring out, then there is no tension left on the chain

Thanks for your response, i could not find a mark on the camshaft housing but tried to set it up on your info and it came up good. The bike is running awsome

aah i get you, just done it and the engine fired up great, thanks for the help, those pics are really usefull.

Latest posts

Back