125 no gears

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigFella

Reaction score
Hi all, I bought a couple of new 125 pit bikes from a bloke who had them sitting around. They were still in the crates, but had sat for over a year. I put them together and got them running OK, but neither has gears, they are in neutral. The gear lever goes up and down, but doesn't select any gear, doesn't even click.
Has this been caused by sitting too long? Any ideas on how to fix it would be most appreciated.
Regards, Paul

Have you tried pushing the bike back and forth while selecting gear, or jacking up and turning the rear wheel while trying to select gear

125 pit bike no gears

Is the clutch engaging & disengaging?

Hi all, I bought a couple of new 125 pit bikes from a bloke who had them sitting around. They were still in the crates, but had sat for over a year. I put them together and got them running OK, but neither has gears, they are in neutral. The gear lever goes up and down, but doesn't select any gear, doesn't even click.
Has this been caused by sitting too long? Any ideas on how to fix it would be most appreciated.
Regards, Paul

Hey mate, lets keep this to 1 thread... Iv'e now merged it to here..

when you pull the clutch lever in, can you feel resistance the whole way?
is there a little movement before it starts getting harder to pull?

try backing off the clutch cable adjustment and trying it then.

Latest posts

Back