125 quad estart issue.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deacon fmxer

Reaction score
Got a lei 125 quad. When I try start it (battery fully charged) push the start button and nothing... not even a noise. Fuse is fine. Wires arnt broken.

If I short the two posts on the solenoid it will crank. Does that mean its the solenoid is bad?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

how long have you had this machine may i ask....
it may be the starter... or the solenoid... try getting a battery... pull the solenoid out and see if it clicks...if it dosnt the solenoid is had it..... but if it does click... it'll be the starter itself...

Not that long. It cant be the starter as if I bridge the two posts on the solenoid the starter engages like normal

Thought it may be. Il get one and see what happens.
Cheers

if you are any good, you could pull your solenoid apart,
clean up the brass terminals inside it, and put it back together again.

you have checked that the solenoid is getting power from the start switch though?

How do I check that? Should one of the terminals on the solenoid have power when I push the button? Coz I checked with a test light and it doesnt

yeah one of the little/smaller wires that runs to the solenoid will get power from the start button, only when you press it.

the other wire from the start button, will get it's power from the ignition key (if it works)
or from the battery + terminal

yeah, most of them you can pull apart and clean up the terminals inside them.

otherwise if you get stuck,
i have a brand new switch block, with lights, kill and start button for a quad you can have for $10
i'm in the Brighton area.

it has a 6 pin plug iirc ?

Ok il have another look tomorrow but im pre sure it wasn't getting power when I press it.

Cheers mate

Ok I got a start/kill switch off a mate. I had to change the pins around as they were different. The problem I have is my old one has only two wires for the kills switch the new has three....
Old one is. Blk/white and green.

New one is. Blk/white. Green and a blk/yellow. White is the blk and yellow wire?

does it use a single plug, 5 pin cdi, or a 2 plug 6 pin cdi ?

im pretty sure with the new start/kill switch the wiring would be -
black w/white stripe is kill,
green is earth
black with yellow for starter solenoid

if you still have problems,
post up a pic of the back of the switches, so i can see what wire goes where

Single 5 pin cdi.
Im not getting any spark either. Guessing that's kill switch related. ..

ygejuve2.jpg

this is a picture of the wiring going into the back of my switch.
if you look to the left of where the blue w/white stripe wire is soldered on, there is another terminal lug there that can be used (like in your switch)

and the start switch wiring is below the kill switch, it uses a yellow w/red stripe wire , and a black

it just uses 2 wires only for the engine kill, the blue w/white stripe, and the green.
the green runs to earth,
the blue w/white goes to the middle pin on the CDI

it looks like your kill switch, switches the earth over from another source when it it moved to the off position.
i would just leave the extra wire disconnected, and taped up to the loom.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back